Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

LDRS (Large Dangerous Rocket Ships) 42

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

Time to make some reservations.  I have booked a house about 17 minutes away from the field.  It is not the one I posted about a few months ago.  That reservation got cancelled and they didn't tell me.  Grr!!!

Here's the new reservation:  https://www.vacasa.com/unit/105103

The reservation is for Thursday 6/6/2024 to Sunday 6/9/2024.

Here are my rules for reserving room at this time.  Send me an email, not a reply on this site.  You should have my email somewhere.  Send me some money.  How much?  Good question.  Based on 3 bedrooms, the master is about $350 (queen), second bedroom (queen and bunk) $325, third bedroom (bunks), fourth is a pullout in the living room ($TBD).

I have dibs on the Master.  I might be willing to give that up if you have a good argument.  If we get a fourth entity to take the pullout, other prices will be lowered.

You can ask questions on this site but all reservations will be by email.

Charlie

Quote from Ckirlew on January 6, 2024, 12:30 pm

I have dibs on the Master.  I might be willing to give that up if you have a good argument.  If we get a fourth entity to take the pullout, other prices will be lowered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlv_aZjHXc

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Does anyone have Charlie's email address?? Or... I'll write you a check when I see you at a possibly-soon launch. The check will have plenty of time to clear before LDRS, so you're safe there.

I have nothing Large or Dangerous to fly yet, but I may bring some smaller 4" diameter rockets that can fly on a G and I'll register anyhow just to get the swag and support the cause.

PM me on FB.  I don't want my email id on a public forum.

Would that room come with a free continental breakfast buffet, with waffle maker? 😁

If anyone needs to contact Charlie about this, but don't have his address, you can email me and I'll connect you two. I think I've sent my address around to many of the club members.

Alternatively, use the contact tab at the top of the page and perhaps Poohbah will forward your request to Charlie.

I just looked at the listing for Charlie's house. If we can't launch at LDRS, we can launch at that place. The "yard" out back is huge! (if you include the corn field)

Does look like a decent place with plenty of room.

Quote from Ckirlew on January 6, 2024, 3:59 pm

PM me on FB.  I don't want my email id on a public forum.

I will find another way. I quit Facebook over 2 years ago and haven't looked back.

FYI to those going to LDRS:

After much deliberation (about 12.7 seconds) Jo Ann and I decided to extend our stay in Penn Yan in June. So we'll be going up a few days early, and staying a few days extra. Aside from being a tourist in a nice part of NY state (some wine buying might happen) I decided to volunteer for the event. I chose to do the setup the day before, on the 5th. That allows me to volunteer without sacrificing time at the range when I could be prepping, flying, shopping, etc. Also, it allows us to scope out the scene before day 1. I am even hopeful that I can stake a claim to some good spots for us CENJARS folks to park in, similar to what we did at Red Glare.

So before that time comes, maybe we could have a little gathering of those going and work out some plans, share info & contacts, etc.

And if anyone is thinking about going and would want to stay at the Best Western in Penn Yan (supposedly one of the closest places to the field that you can stay), you'd better make your reservation quick. When I was changing my dates, I had to change my room type as rooms were selling out. But the one I just dropped should still be available from the 5th to the 10th.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

I have been trying to register for LDRS but it only allows Paypal.  Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I had no problem. But then again, I used Paypal. Not any particular fan of theirs, but sometimes it's the only way to go.

Maybe there is a contact email or phone where you can ask for other options (like mailing a check)?

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.