Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

LDRS (Large Dangerous Rocket Ships) 42

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next

Booking confirmation states "This property will not accommodate hen, stag or similar parties." 
So I think we are good!! LoL...Maybe just a soft serve machine rental!!
And Joe's Tiki Bar is a must!!!  -->> Video

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1
Quote from Ken Golomb on July 19, 2023, 7:05 pm

Booking confirmation states "This property will not accommodate hen, stag or similar parties." 
So I think we are good!! LoL...Maybe just a soft serve machine rental!!
And Joe's Tiki Bar is a must!!!  -->> Video

Ah, Whitney Richard's Tiki Bar!

Hey Ken,

Got a website for the tiny house?

Thanks,

Charlie

Quote from Ckirlew on July 19, 2023, 7:56 pm

Hey Ken,

Got a website for the tiny house?

Thanks,

Charlie

That's Mennonite country up there. There are tiny little white houses everywhere.

The tiny houses I found looked to be expensive for what you got.  Then I found a 3 bedroom house for 3 nights for $800.  Then they added in the fees!!!!!  Now it's over $1,200.

Anyway, I did book it.  Anyone want to share the house with me?  It's 7 miles from the field.

Charlie

Charlie,
I found the Hollow Hills Tiny Home on Booking.com but eventually tracked it back to this (Link) property management company after I already booked it.  Crossing my fingers with Booking.com as I've never use them before (they are based in the UK).  I'll admit I was tempted by the Covered Wagon offering!!

There were plenty of other options on Booking.com including a house that to be right at the field!! --> Link
Many rentals are also on VRBO and AirBnB....but addon fees vary  (AirBnB is the worst culprit). 
Several Hotels options are in Penn Yan too.
Prices still seem pretty reasonable as it is early season an nobody seems to be aware of LDRS....yet!!

Good luck...

-Ken

I can't stand up in the covered wagon. The tiny house has a nice deck, but my @$$ wouldn't fit in that bathcloset. The yurt looks cool, but about the most expensive tent I've ever seen.

Quote from Ckirlew on July 19, 2023, 8:24 pm

The tiny houses I found looked to be expensive for what you got.  Then I found a 3 bedroom house for 3 nights for $800.  Then they added in the fees!!!!!  Now it's over $1,200.

Anyway, I did book it.  Anyone want to share the house with me?  It's 7 miles from the field.

Charlie

$1200 for three nights?  Three bedroom would make that $400 each.  Not a bad deal.  Got a link to the accommodation?

The only issue sharing a place like that is bathroom and shower access in the morning.

Quote from Admin on July 20, 2023, 9:11 am
Quote from Ckirlew on July 19, 2023, 8:24 pm

Three bedroom would make that $400 each.  Not a bad deal.  Got a link to the accommodation?

The only issue sharing a place like that is bathroom and shower access in the morning.

It would be no worse if we were sharing a hotel room.... I've done that with other folks for various outings. I have not made any reservations yet, so right now I'm going to say I'm in for the house @ $400, if we can fill the other bedroom we're set.  And if it's a real house, you also end up with a kitchen, a living room, and all the other amenities a hotel room doesn't offer. And hopefully, enough parking.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

I think this link should answer many questions.

https://guest.vacasa.com/trip/in-the-home

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.