Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Red glare 2023

Page 1 of 4Next

Getting ready for red glare. I have an ambitious list to fly and still capture the awesome flights

checking CG, CP, collecting motors, confirming model weight, installing video housing. Important things
see you there

good luck to Eric in his level 1 n Poohbah on his level 3

weather permitting, I plan a K motor drag race w Jeff Miller. His will involve a cluster air start! Trinity model

post launch debriefs after each day

u have a beer trade planned too

Uploaded files:
  • 6FDDF8BE-2C10-4762-91FC-C6EE5D13DEBC.jpeg
  • 0E581615-4947-4ED8-9007-C52B2CFC7AF1.jpeg
  • 44A759E8-4676-49CE-8E3F-B3922BE3986C.jpeg
Eric Becher, Ken Golomb and Brian C. have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherKen GolombBrian C.

No L3 for me.  I will be speaking with someone about being my L3CC coordinator at Red Glare.  That said, I will be flying a full-scale HV-ARCAS on a 75mm L875 motor. This launch is academic. I'll be testing a number of designs in the launch.  Assuming all goes well, this rocket could be my L3.  I have everything involved in building it well documented.

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

I hope to be able to run into everyone while I'm there on Saturday. I'm spectating only, but I figure it's a big enough event that I should also be able to blow $500 at various vendors, as well as see some exciting launches that can't be had at CENJARS or METRA, so it'll be worth the one-day for me to get my feet wet, so-to-speak...

I'm in the process of completing "Moondog", a 5-foot tall 3" diameter with a 29mm motor mount (a modified BMS "School Rocket") that I hope to fly at CENJARS in May on an F52 or something similarly powerful as it's maiden flight, and then work my way up to "G" motors with it, and perhaps even try to L1 with it, but just in case, I've already purchased an Apogee Zephyr as a backup to L1 with. Either way, Moondog is coming along nicely, and looking forward to getting juiced at Red Glare as I celebrate 1 year as a BAR (Born-Again Rocketeer).

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_5405.JPG
Zielijo1Eric Becher
Quote from Brian C. on March 19, 2023, 9:03 pm

I hope to be able to run into everyone while I'm there on Saturday. I'm spectating only, but I figure it's a big enough event that I should also be able to blow $500 at various vendors, as well as see some exciting launches that can't be had at CENJARS or METRA, so it'll be worth the one-day for me to get my feet wet, so-to-speak...

My wife and I are driving down on the Thursday.  Easton, where our lodging arrangements have been made, is south of Higgs Farm.  We will stop and drop off things like the popup tent, seats, tables, etc. at the field before we go to the hotel.  This allows us to stake our claim along the flight line.  We'll try to reserve spots for the rest of the CENJARS gang with what we can leave in neighboring spots.

I don't/won't carry a mobile but my wife does.  848 525 9471 (ZIP1) Call her if you can't find us. Be aware, Higgs Farm is a large farm in the midst of other large farms. Cell phone service is not the best out in the wilds of Maryland.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1
Quote from Brian C. on March 19, 2023
I figure it's a big enough event that I should also be able to blow $500 at various vendors,

Joe from Rocket ship Games is supposed to be there, along with a few others. You should have no problem spending "only" $500 on all things rockets.

As for finding CENJARS on the field, I suspect we won't be too hard to find.

Quote from Eric Becher on March 20, 2023, 10:20 am
Quote from Brian C. on March 19, 2023
I figure it's a big enough event that I should also be able to blow $500 at various vendors,

Joe from Rocket ship Games is supposed to be there, along with a few others. You should have no problem spending "only" $500 on all things rockets.

As for finding CENJARS on the field, I suspect we won't be too hard to find.

I've already spent, pre-purchased from Wildman, more than $500 on one motor. 😉 You'll have absolutely no problem spending $500 or more. I think, from looking at some of them, that some of the people spend $500 at the Road Kill Café alone.

Zielijo1Eric Becher

Just keep repeating my rocketry mantra:

It's cheaper than a boat.

🤣

Admin and Zielijo1 have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1
Quote from Eric Becher on March 20, 2023, 12:57 pm

My mantra for my hobbies has always been "It's cheaper than THERAPY" -- which is probably what I need, but I've subsituted hobbies that I become obssessive-compulsive with. I justify that regardless of how much I spend on the hobby, as long as it makes me happy, then it is money well spent. I probably wouldn't get anything out of therapy anyhow, except maybe some expensive pills. Right now I'd rather be building rockets than anything, so, "as long as it keeps me off the streets" as the saying goes.

Besides, you don't really want a boat. You do know the two happiest days in a boat-owners life, right?

Admin and Zielijo1 have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1

Boats r money pits. Hard pass

Reviewing open rocket OR simulations

my 4” patriot is first flights. H143, maybe followed by I212. Nose weight required

the plan for my 4” Fiberglas trinity is to fly w a K530. This will need nose weight. Expected altitude 4500 ft. I plan to drag race Jeff Miller’s trinity which is a cluster n air start.

and a good time was had by all

Uploaded files:
  • 1EE05736-F350-49E3-95D5-759433403B73.jpeg
  • 67A60B5D-7AE8-4505-ACE5-EBFEB5758B44.jpeg
  • 7D9DF6BF-0837-40F1-935B-63323A84258C.jpeg
  • FE032FDA-4647-4520-AD93-EFA2F29029FB.png
Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher
Page 1 of 4Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.