Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Quail Hill Family Camp 2023

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

The Quail Hill Family Camp 2023 has been rescheduled for July 22.

My apologies to those of you that trekked out to Quail Hill. When communicating with Wendy Weiss about doing this event, I told her that I would be elsewhere that weekend but that other CENJARS members would be there. Apparently, she misconstrued my absence comment and assumed CENJARS would NOT be there. That is why there was no email announcing the event's cancellation.

The new date is on the Calendar.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Have to juggle the schedule a bit but I will be there.

(with the launch equipment.)

No can do. Be in Long Island

Eric Becher

Are we still on for Saturday at Quail Hill?  What time and do we know where we will be, small field or large field?

Quote from Ckirlew on July 19, 2023, 3:09 pm

Are we still on for Saturday at Quail Hill?  What time and do we know where we will be, small field or large field?

From Wendy's last email:

Thank you Brian

Set up starts at 9 am
but stations open at 10 am 
I have not confirmed your area yet - double checking with a few other troops to see if they are attending
I might have move things around
This means we play it by ear. Arrive about 9:00. In the past, there wasn't a great demand on us in the early hours.
Eric Becher

OK, I will be there by 8:59.  Hoping for the big field.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

I should be there at 9:01 (fashionably late).

I suppose aside from some small-field rockets, tables and tent, I'll throw in a few "display rockets". I think we do that there, if I recall rightly.

Quote from Ckirlew on July 19, 2023, 7:55 pm

OK, I will be there by 8:59.  Hoping for the big field.

A few years back, we were all the way down from the usual location between the pool and the lodge. That was a better location for launching. The field area on the other side of the road would have been better but they reserved that for games. I recall doing in my ankle playing frisbee with a group when things were slow.

Quote from Eric Becher on July 19, 2023, 9:34 pm

I should be there at 9:01 (fashionably late).

Promptly at 9:00. 😉

I suppose aside from some small-field rockets, tables and tent, I'll throw in a few "display rockets". I think we do that there, if I recall rightly.

The big stuff always seemed to attract groups in the past.

I'll load my table and some display and fly rocket stuff.

For anyone who missed it, yesterday's demonstration launch at the Quail Hill Scout Reservation was a "blast". As always, the kids and their parents came in waves throughout the event. Charlie led the demonstration routine. Brian spoke to many kids and parents individually about rocketry and getting involved, as did Charlie between launch rounds. Eric kept the rockets flying by retrieval and reloading. Weather was warm, but not too bad. The field is small, but we mostly avoided the woods. The kids seemed excited to see rockets fly, and asked a lot of good questions. We hope to see some of the families attending our future launches soon. All are welcome!

There are a few pictures from the day posted in the gallery.

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.