Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Quail Hill Family Camp 2023

Page 1 of 5Next

The Monmouth Council of the Boy Scouts of America has invited CENJARS the their yearly Family Camp at the Quail Hill Scouting Reservation.  The event will be an all day event on the 10th of June from 10:00am to 4:00pm.

Your Poobah will be attending URRF that weekend and will have to miss this Family Day.  If you are reading this and you can help do the event, please reply.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

I should be able to attend.  might even bring the launch equipment. 🙂

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

I would like to attend, but I cannot commit at this point. I need to keep this date open in case we have to travel. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Quote from Ckirlew on May 23, 2023, 8:45 pm

I should be able to attend.  might even bring the launch equipment. 🙂

LOL! I'm not to lift anything more than 15lbs for six weeks, so I probably couldn't help much with the launch kit.

Travel plans cancelled due to Jo Ann's father having heart surgery on the 9th. So I should be able to attend this (and lift things).

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Eric Becher on May 25, 2023, 9:58 pm

Travel plans cancelled due to Jo Ann's father having heart surgery on the 9th. So I should be able to attend this (and lift things).

Best wishes to Jo Ann's father!  Are you sure you don't want to be by her side while he's in hospital? FWIW, my oldest son had reconstructive open heart surgery when he was six.  They never prepare you for what you see in the ICU.

It's heart surgery, which I wouldn't call "minor", but seems to be fairly routine. He's having a valve replaced, which is done through a leg artery. May not even be in the hospital overnight. Miracles of modern medicine! Or realities of modern medical insurance? Either way, she/they shouldn't need me. In fact, Jo Ann is now planning to attend another event on the 10th, so she can't be too worried.

And yes, ICU sucks.

Quote from Eric Becher on May 26, 2023, 7:30 am

It's heart surgery, which I wouldn't call "minor", but seems to be fairly routine. He's having a valve replaced, which is done through a leg artery. May not even be in the hospital overnight. Miracles of modern medicine! Or realities of modern medical insurance? Either way, she/they shouldn't need me. In fact, Jo Ann is now planning to attend another event on the 10th, so she can't be too worried.

And yes, ICU sucks.

Do they use one of these for that? Regardless, I hope he does well.

Uploaded files:
  • 61SQ32cNTCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

LOL No, his heart isn't quite that big.

Should be available to help, especially post launch debrief

Page 1 of 5Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.