Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New Launch Controller

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Modern miracles. I decided to employ an Arduino micro-controller in the launch controller. These things a cheap, dirt cheap, and very powerful for their price and size.

The launch controller willl have a "continuity test" mode and a "launch mode". To indicate the mode, I could have simply used an indicator lamp but this is way cooler!

This video shows samples of the messages that can be displayed for the two modes. I have each repeat four times. When a mode is selected, the appropriate message will continue to scroll until that mode is disables or the launch controller is turned off.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

That is a cool feature.

But what I think is even better is seeing in the background the control panel and how much progress you've made (assuming there is some wiring going on behind the panel 😂). From what I can see, it looks really nice and well designed. I look forward to seeing it in action!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

I can put up some visualization images here. I'll do that in a couple. I've been sitting here working on the Arduino code and getting a .DXF file with the correct measurements for Jeff Myers. Time so shower and then, I'll put up images.

Quote from Eric Becher on February 19, 2024, 10:40 am

That is a cool feature.

But what I think is even better is seeing in the background the control panel and how much progress you've made (assuming there is some wiring going on behind the panel 😂). From what I can see, it looks really nice and well designed. I look forward to seeing it in action!

Grrr. I just wasted an hour explaining the launch controller design. I went to upload images but they were PNGs and too large. Stupidly, I accidentally canceled the post when I went to convert the images to JPG. For now, the images.

Uploaded files:
  • Top-Panel.jpg
  • Rear-Apron.jpg
  • Rear-Apron-w-Plugs.jpg
Eric Becher

The images are fine. Don't worry about the explanation, which is mostly self-explanatory anyway, if you are looking at the pictures.

Quote from Eric Becher on February 19, 2024, 1:49 pm

The images are fine. Don't worry about the explanation, which is mostly self-explanatory anyway, if you are looking at the pictures.

Well, how about a few more photos?

In preparation for meeting up tomorrow or this weekend with Jeff Myers and his CNC machine rig which will cut the top aluminum panel, I prepared a mockup panel test today with a piece of thin foam posterboard cut with my xTool S1 laser. I populated the posterboard with all of the main panel components. There's a slight addition to and change on the left side of the panel from my previously posted design virtualization photos. I've added a larger display for status information from an Arduino. It will monitor the switch settings to insure that they're selected properly and, if not, display a warning message, and sound and flash the signal. The Arduino will monitor configuration status and display error status such as inappropriate switch settings. Currently, the display is the same yellow/black one as the one used by Cris Erving for his Eggfinder GPS receiver. I have a plethora of them but I'll likely order the blue/white option to keep with the blue/white motif of the launch control case.

You can see the reason why I've been working so diligently in my design software from the following two photos. I lit up the two displays and added a photo there. I had a 150Ω resistor handy, so that what the ohmmeter is showing. It's a 5% tolerance resistor.

Uploaded files:
  • 20240222_133912.jpg
  • 20240222_133956.jpg
  • 20240222_154513.jpg
Eric Becher

It's way cool! 😎

But there is a BIG problem. 😳

WHERE will we put the CENJARS sticker? O.M.G.! 🙀

Uploaded files:
  • cenjars.png
Quote from Eric Becher on February 22, 2024, 5:37 pm

It's way cool! 😎

But there is a BIG problem. 😳

WHERE will we put the CENJARS sticker? O.M.G.! 🙀

On the bottom! 😛

😂😂😂 I was waiting for that answer.

Hey - I see we just planted some junk on the moon. Go America! 🚀🌕

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Last I heard they were having a problem with signal strength.

Now this from your equipment manager, all new equipment must have CENJARS on it. Suggestion - run "CENJARS" vertically down the left right and center.  Also, will it fit on the sides?  The more CENJARS pride the better!

Eric Becher
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.