Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

January 2024 Scheduled Launch

PreviousPage 3 of 3

From what I see in the forecasts, you are not only 100% on, but Saturday is supposed to be a little more wind. So yes, Sunday is the better day, and yes, I'm IN if others are.

I haven't been by the field, but living not too far away, we have an inch or so remaining here, and I expect similar at the field. But I've seen forecasts for 1-2" more on Friday. We'll see what actually happens, but either way, bring boots, and don't bring white rockets!

Another cold weather tip - plastic chutes can get stiff in the cold. Go with nylon or streamers if ya got 'em (streamers are not a bad idea with a breeze anyway).

Brian - I have a full propane tank if you need one.

We've launched in cold weather before, so it can be done, and it's still fun... as long as you dress for it and maybe bring along some hot cocoa. ☕

Admin, Zielijo1 and koushh have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1koushh

I will be there Sunday if the weather bears out and the launch goes off.

I will not be able to make the planned Feb 4 launch.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

I can be there.  Not sure if I have much to launch.

Charlie

I'm watching to see what we may get in terms of snow on Friday. Sunday will be cold and windy. I too can/will be there but let's wait to see what Mother Nature's plans are first. 😉

koushh has reacted to this post.
koushh

I can be there Sunday, but I'm hoping I can get my rockets on the launch rods with my gloves on. I'm thinking 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, two jackets, and a hat. The ironic thing is that next weekend is Winter Field Day, where ham radio people stay outside in the snow with their radio trying to make contacts, so I get to freeze my ass off twice!

Not looking good I'm afraid. Winds predicted to be 15-20, gusting to 35. Rockets no likey likey.

Got about 5" of non-Columbian flake here today, which should stay all weekend. Plus the wind chill will be approaching single digits. People no likey likey.

This is not an official announcement, but I'm pretty sure it's not happening this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be better. And if we get really lucky, maybe we can launch 2 weekends in a row! 😁

Stay tuned radio dudes!

Admin and koushh have reacted to this post.
Adminkoushh

Do we have any plan to launch coming weekend (27 Saturday or 28 Sunday) please?

Quote from koushh on January 23, 2024, 11:35 am

Do we have any plan to launch coming weekend (27 Saturday or 28 Sunday) please?

There are plans to but the weather is, once again,  not looking favorable. Rain is forecast for Wednesday through Friday and warmer temps which would melt any snows on the field, but Sunday's forecast at the moment is showing rain as well. Saturday may be our only option for a January launch but I'd fear the field will be quite soggy.

Keep your eye on the website and your fingers crossed, and I'll keep watching the weather reports.

Eric Becher and koushh have reacted to this post.
Eric Becherkoushh
PreviousPage 3 of 3
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.