Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

January 2024 Scheduled Launch

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

OK, why is the front page saying the Next Launch is Feb 4th??

Did we not get the field for next week?? Inquiring Minds want to know!

I'm sure Brian will expound more on this, but my guess is it is an automatic calendar function. He also has to request permission to use the field, so he may not want to change the calendar until that is granted. Have patience, and stay tuned.

Quote from Eric Becher on January 8, 2024, 7:59 pm

I'm sure Brian will expound more on this, but my guess is it is an automatic calendar function. He also has to request permission to use the field, so he may not want to change the calendar until that is granted. Have patience, and stay tuned.

Aye, I shall.

When I step the web website, it set it up so that it was driven by events. Currently, the event's Calendar is populated with all of the scheduled launch date for the year. Once a launch date has occurred, the next date become the announced date.

I contacted Wall School District when the weekend's launch was canceled. This morning, I heard from them. We have carte blanche to all of the Saturdays and Sundays for the month of January. However, I have not chosen a new date for the January launch. This coming weekend will see some rather fine temperatures but the winds are currently forecast to be much too high to fly. I was even debating on having a Saturday AND Sunday launch if possible. I need to discuss this with Charlie as he has the club's launch equipment.

As soon as there is an acceptable date for a January launch, you will see the date on the main page change.

tjkopena has reacted to this post.
tjkopena

Currently, the only potential conflict I have is January 20th.  Otherwise, I will adapt.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Ckirlew on January 8, 2024, 8:46 pm

Currently, the only potential conflict I have is January 20th.  Otherwise, I will adapt.

Thanks Charlie!

So this weekend is out due to high winds. Now we look towards next weekend (20/21st). Long range forecast shows dry, winds moderate, but temps around freezing. Long time between now and then. Hopefully that warms up a bit.

The itch to launch something is getting hard to resist!

Admin and tjkopena have reacted to this post.
Admintjkopena

Well, that's going to be interesting -- the 21st and then 2 weeks later Feb 4th! Stock up on motors now! Maybe I'll just not bother unpacking when I get home and fly the exact same rockets twice. Nah! With so many to choose from, I gotta get in some others that have barely had a chance to fly even though they've been sitting on a shelf since the summer.

Never mind the fact that I have FOUR rockets with 38mm motor mounts, and I have yet to get my L1 to fly those yet (heck I don't even have the motor cases yet). But I'll get to that this spring... at METRA, hopefully. But that's a story for another time, now I just need to concentrate on the next 3 weeks. I also have the "itch" to literally burn some money.

Admin, Eric Becher and koushh have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becherkoushh

Any update for coming weekend launch please ?

It's going to be COLD! 😱

Uploaded files:
  • rocket-popsicle.jpg
koushh has reacted to this post.
koushh

I was going to send out an email to the club later this evening after assessing the weather once more for this weekend.

We've had our first snowfall of the winter season. Little accumulation here and there were rains which followed to erode what little snow there was. There's a prediction for more snow on Friday with the weekend being dry.

The temperatures for this weekend are COLD with highs hovering around the freezing mark. There's also a call for winds Sunday in the low teens MPH. Cold and wind is no fun for this summer boy and I'm sure other feel the same. As next week progresses, the temperatures will moderate. Ideally, the best day to launch would be next Wednesday! Who's with me? 😉 The extended forecast for the following weekend has slightly better temps, albeit still cold, but winds again in the low-teens MPH. 10-days out forecasts are often specious, so I don't base my decisions on anything more than 5-days out.

Therefore, I think that if we are to fly we ought to fly this Sunday. This means dressing WARM! I can bring my Mr. Heater and a tank of propane to allow people to warm their hands. I'd also suggest that people have ALL of their rockets prepped for flight. It's NO FUN trying to prep rockets with finger joints frozen as if rigor mortis has set in.

Comment?

Eric Becher and koushh have reacted to this post.
Eric Becherkoushh
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.