Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Equipment Management Team

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Beer and rockets in the library? πŸ˜‹

Beer!Β  Why does that always slip my mind?Β  πŸ€”

If we can do the beer part later, then the library is still a good option.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher
Quote from Eric Becher on January 21, 2024, 10:27 am

Beer and Rockets do not mix well. Like Beer and Guns with the Yokels, that usually ends up with a Darwin Award. Even worse in a Library.Β  With that said, I'd like to participate although I live an hour away, and although I'm supposed to be retired, I'm working again (go figure); so I'm limited to weekend dates.

The library will allow us to clean equipment in their meeting room? Or maybe I'm getting things mixed up. But either way, let me know and I'll try to make it (this upcoming weekend is winter field day (ham radio event); so I'm already booked).

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

2 separate events:

1. Maintenance day/night to clean and repair as needed. Charlie could use a little help now and then. Cleaning rods, clips, and organizing the gear boxes. Not too hard. Let him know if you can help out some time.

2. Non-launch meeting to discuss anything. Club business, projects, share tips and info, learn some finer points of the hobby. Or whatever.

FYI, some clubs do this once a month or once a week. They meet, talk, learn, sometimes even build. Our friends in Dayton at eRockets.biz host an open house club meeting once a week at the store (bunny rabbits included). That would be dangerous!πŸ€‘

Quote from Brian C. on January 21, 2024, 6:03 pm
Quote from Eric Becher on January 21, 2024, 10:27 am

Beer and Rockets do not mix well. Like Beer and Guns with the Yokels, that usually ends up with a Darwin Award. Even worse in a Library.Β  With that said, I'd like to participate although I live an hour away, and although I'm supposed to be retired, I'm working again (go figure); so I'm limited to weekend dates.

The library will allow us to clean equipment in their meeting room? Or maybe I'm getting things mixed up. But either way, let me know and I'll try to make it (this upcoming weekend is winter field day (ham radio event); so I'm already booked).

Did your mommy not let you play with the other kids on the playground? πŸ˜› "Beer is proof that god loves us." – Benjamin Franklin

We might not clean equipment at/in the library but it woudl be a great gathering place to do and discuss other things. If we play it right, the library might even advertise what we're presenting to the public; a great way to augment the club membership rolls. Why, I'd even do a complete dissertation on the derivation and calculus of the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation; that'd be a sure-fire house-packing sell-out event. πŸ˜‰

"Why, I'd even do a complete dissertation on the derivation and calculus of the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation"

I'm not going!

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

I don't think we could afford to pay people to attend that event unless we advertise it with some of the tech colleges in the area.

πŸ˜‚

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

I agree. Adult beverages while not flying is ok. Water is a beverage. Drink what you like

please no thermodynamics

I live over 1hr away too, so check date n time. Weekend would be better

And here’s your club in action in a non flying mode. The club applied and received a grant from NAR and Eric and Charlie made a new rail launcher !

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_0219.jpeg
  • IMG_0218.jpeg
  • IMG_0217.jpeg

The launch pad, like me, looks better in real life! πŸ˜‚ It is basically the same as the Club's other 1010 rail, but a couple of feet longer (about 7ft of usable length). And we'll have stakes for the feet to help secure it.

Thanks to Charlie for his help. And to Joe, our social media director, who also did an outstanding job affixing the stickers. Most importantly, nobody lost an eye!

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.