Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Equipment Management Team

Page 1 of 3Next

Hello Rocketeers,

This is the start of the Equipment Management Team forum.  I hope to be able to bring our equipment and the management of it to higher level of quality.  I also hope that it will bring a little more fun to the process.

Stay tuned for more details as we start to gather around the tools and toys.

Happy flying and fixing,

Charlie

Admin, Zielijo1 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1Eric Becherthursdays6
Quote from Ckirlew on January 20, 2024, 7:37 am
[Quote from the Announcement Forum]

What I am envisioning is we get together about once a month to do maintenance, and new toys, and plan new stuff.  There will probably be some shop talk.  Probably a lot of shop talk.  I think the 3rd Saturday or Sunday of the month would work best, but that can be part of the discussion.  I'm also offering my garage/house/basement for doing the work since the equipment is already there.  Other locales maybe appropriate depending on the work that needs to be done.

EXCELLENT! I'd love to have club member meetings outside of our launches. Your suggestion may just be the inspiration needed to get rolling. Working on the launch equipment as a start sounds great.

It'd be nice to have some neutral place to hold monthly meetings such as a local school but I'd prefer somewhere that would be adult beverage friendly. 😉 We could have discussions, demonstrations and tutorials on all sorts of related topics. I'd gladly tutor classes on 3D design and printing, laser cutting and, for those looking to get high power certified, discussions on topics related to that such as dual-deployment and altimeter electronics.

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

Maybe a fire house somewhere would allow us to meet. Many of them have meeting or activity rooms available. They might charge a little though.

Otherwise, a bar/restaurant with a back room might work, as long as we order some food and drink. Our alumni group sometimes meets at Huddy's in Colts Neck. A brewery like Birdsmouth has some room and is kid friendly too, and might allow us in. (although Joe didn't like their beer) Maybe Kane too?

In good weather, I don't mind having such a meeting here at the house, out on the patio. (Not sure it would work inside)

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Doesn't Hobby Town in Toms River have a room upstairs? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Quote from Eric Becher on January 20, 2024, 10:02 am

Maybe a fire house somewhere would allow us to meet. Many of them have meeting or activity rooms available. They might charge a little though.

Perhaps, if they know we're a not for profit org. However, my experience, even with schools, is that they want some money for janitorial services.

Otherwise, a bar/restaurant with a back room might work, as long as we order some food and drink. Our alumni group sometimes meets at Huddy's in Colts Neck. A brewery like Birdsmouth has some room and is kid friendly too, and might allow us in. (although Joe didn't like their beer) Maybe Kane too?

I've through about Kane because of its proximity to the field. I don't know what they've got in rooms for such things. Also, just around the corner is the Wall library. There's a large room in the front of the library where we setup our rocket displays and held build sessions in the early days of Kids' Day. Also, it might be possible to get in at InfoAge as our hobby is "science" related. However, they're open on Sunday's only.

In good weather, I don't mind having such a meeting here at the house, out on the patio. (Not sure it would work inside)

That's cool... except in the summer swelter. 😉

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

I'm checking with my church.  Their ok with beer.  Just need to know the cost.

I asked Jo Ann about the AP Woman's Club building. It's $50/HR up to 3hrs, than it's $250 for the day. While that's not bad for the space, which is way more than we need, I don't think we can really afford that every month.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

My church is suggesting $75 for 2 or 3 hours.  There may be some room for negotiation.    The finance committee will be re-visiting the fee schedule.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

$50/hr is much more than we can afford. $75 for two to three hours many be too. If this was for a quarterly get together, that might be amenable.  I think we still need to search for lower price or free options.

We also need to looks about for alternate launch locales. I intend to checkout Ken's suggestion (Perrineville Lake Park) when the weather moderates. Don't discuss any launch locales here. Let's keep this focused on the equipment.

Duh!!!!! Wall Township library.  Why didn't I think of that before.  We've done builds there.  We should be able to use their meeting room.

The only issue may be their hours.

Branch Hours

Day Open Close
Monday 10:00 am 9:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am 9:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am 9:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am 9:00 pm
Friday 1:00 pm 5:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am 5:00 pm*
Sunday Closed

*Summer hours: Saturdays from 9am-1pm (July & August)

Page 1 of 3Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.