Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Tentative Launch Dates for 2023

Page 1 of 2Next

The website Gallery and Calendar have been augmented with the tentative scheduled launch dates for 2023.  These dates are first Sunday of the calendar months of 2023.  These are bound to change due to weather or other events (eg. Red Glare postponed the April launch this past year by one week).  If these dates change, the Gallery and Calendar will be updated accordingly at that time.

I noticed, while updating the Calendar, that the tentative August 2023 launch falls on my birthday.  This launch has been the yearly club picnic launch but I will need to do something special, as it's also my birthday, for my CENJARS extended family.  I may have to make you my BBQed 🐖 spare ribs for this launch.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

McRib sandwiches for everyone?!?! 🎂😋

I know they are favorites of yours and Joe Z. 😂

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1
Quote from Eric Becher on November 8, 2022, 10:22 am

McRib sandwiches for everyone?!?! 🎂😋

I know they are favorites of yours and Joe Z. 😂

Brian NEVER EVER eats fast food.  Only once to McDonald's when in college and I spent a weekend in MMC with food poisoning.

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

I suppose we are getting off rocket topic, but a life without Chick-fil-A or a crunch wrap supreme just isn't worth living!

I'll only dine at Chick-fil-A on a Sunday.

Zielijo1Eric Becher

I'll second the CrunchWrap Supreme. Taco Bell addiction is a hard thing to kick.

Hey guys... Weather isn't looking great for January 1st. Although the temps are expected to be in the upper 50's (hurrah!), we are looking at 60% of rain (bummer). Just posting this so we have an alternate date waiting in the wings if the day turns into a wash-out. I for one, am willing to launch in 60% rain, as long as that 60% stays off to the west during the daylight hours.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Plenty of time for the weather forecast to change 3 times between now and then. Wait and see.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Brian C. on December 24, 2022, 8:31 pm

Hey guys... Weather isn't looking great for January 1st. Although the temps are expected to be in the upper 50's (hurrah!), we are looking at 60% of rain (bummer). Just posting this so we have an alternate date waiting in the wings if the day turns into a wash-out. I for one, am willing to launch in 60% rain, as long as that 60% stays off to the west during the daylight hours.

I never trust any forecast more than about 3 days out.  However, if the scheduled launch can not be January 1st, I will request use of the field for the/a subsequent weekend.

FYI, Red Glare dates were just announced by MDRA — March 31 thought April 2. These dates overlap our scheduled launch date for April 2023.  Last year, the April launch was rescheduled because much of the club — Jimmy, Eric, Franz, Joe, Ken, myself and there could be a few more I've not mentioned — attended Red Glare.  I suspect that the April 2023 launch will be the same.  The only problem I see is that the weekend after Red Glare is Easter.  The April 2023 launch may need to be moved to April 16, 2023.

Zielijo1Eric Becher
Page 1 of 2Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.