Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Scouting University (March 4, 2023)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Kurt replied via email this morning stating:

Bring whatever you want.  We will make room for you. We will make arrangements for wifi.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Great!

I think my 2 tables plus theirs should be enough. I could bring even more, but don't want to be excessive.😁

Hi gang,

I have a lot going on at the moment.  Since this is just a show and tell, I don't think you need any of the equipment.  I think I will bow out of this one.  Let me know if you do need something.

Thanks,

Charlie

Quote from Ckirlew on February 27, 2023, 6:46 pm

Hi gang,

I have a lot going on at the moment.  Since this is just a show and tell, I don't think you need any of the equipment.  I think I will bow out of this one.  Let me know if you do need something.

Thanks,

Charlie

No problem Charlie.  Do what's best for you.

I'll be leaving home ~8:30 Saturday.  I drive down 537 to 72 to get the the High School.  My Son, daughter-in-law and granddaughters reside quite near to the High School, so I know how to get there.  It's a little less than an hour for my drive, so I should be there by 9:30ish.

I have the CENJARS banner (2ft × 4ft) and a board to stretch it out on.  I'll load my folding table too.  The monitor and several rocket things as well as some Make-n-Takes for their raffle.

Eric Becher

I'm not sure where this place is, but I'll shoot for 0930 too.

I'll have 2 tables (4'), a few stickers, some applications, camera, Stick with pics, extension cords, some "interesting" rockets, a few "less interesting" rockets & the rocket info sign.

I wonder if anyone else is coming??

...And don't forget lunch if you want it. Says no food available.

Well, the Scouting event went OK. We (Poohbah and I) had a good display set up. Met a few nice folks. Some might even come to our launches. Here is a picture:

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_0013.JPG
Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Looks very professional.

Quote from Ckirlew on March 4, 2023, 6:55 pm

Looks very professional.

I believe that we, all of the exhibitors, were supposed to setup in the school's cafeteria but, at the last minute, the school said no, so exhibitors were setup in the hallways.  Not very conducive to attracting the people we were supposed to attract.

I think Eric and I make more contacts with the other exhibitors in that corridor.  We were setup next to the Civil Air Patrol.  Good contact info shared there. There was an older fellow, not sure who he was or what his affiliation was, be he spoke of launching rockets on the beaches in Lavallette sacrificing many of the rockets to Neptune. He was probably the most enthusiastic fellow I spoke with all day.

Personally, Charlie, I'm glad you did whatever you needed to do today.  There really wasn't enough activity that one person couldn't have handled. I would have felt badly if you'd sacrificed what you needed to do to attend this.

I'm going to contact Kurt about the next event. I think we need some assurance that there will be more visibility if we attend that event.

Eric Becher
PreviousPage 2 of 2
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.