Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

May 2024 Rescheduled Launch

Page 1 of 2Next

The CENJARS May 5th launch was scrubbed due to weather. The May launch as been rescheduled to May 19th, 2024.

The 12th of May is Mother's Day and I did not want you to miss honoring you Mother. Also, the 26th of May is the Memorial Day weekend. I wouldn't want you to miss out on any BBQs and I didn't want to subject our Northern members the anguish of sitting on the Garden State Parking-lot with the first of the season shore bound.

Keep your fingers crossed that this date will have a favorable weather forecast.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Just FYI to all, I will be out of town that weekend (as well as Memorial Day weekend) and sadly won't be able to attend the rescheduled launch. If there's something you need for the launch, let me know or place an order in Rocketship Games' webstore by Thursday May 16 so I can ship it (I am leaving Friday before dawn), and I'd recommend doing so by Wednesday May 15 to be more sure it's delivered in time. Unfortunately I cannot ship hazmat motors (Estes E & F and the larger AeroTech engines) but I think we all learned our lessons about those at the April launch anyway...

Otherwise I'll see y'all in June!

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

The weather forecast for tomorrow's launch has vastly improved over the week. Probably not an ideal set of condition but favorable enough for us to launch.

See you at the launch!

Eric Becher and Brian C. have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherBrian C.

We will be bringing as much as we can of our recently acquired rocket stash for sale too. Not as good a selection as Rocketship games, but it is a little different. Some older stuff that is no longer in production, and prices that are around 60% of retail. Sorry, no motors though. Please bring a little cash or checks if you think you might be interested. (I'm not set up for venmo or any of that.)

Here's the full story, and there is a link to the current inventory and pricing:

https://cenjars.org/forum/topic/a-large-lot-of-rockets-for-sale-at-discounted-prices/

Woot!! Launch! Launch! Launch!

I'll be bringing rockets old and new. As long as the winds are less gusty than last time, I should be able to fly some rockets that have not gone up since last summer. And I'll have the Queen and the King together.

Quote from Eric Becher on May 18, 2024, 9:54 am

(I'm not set up for venmo or any of that.)

Never VENMO! That's how several rocketeers were relieved of their money, myself included. The item seller insisted onVENMO. I don't have it but Martha did. There's no way to escrow a sale and there's no VENMO fraud insurance. I'm out $300 but some of the other rocketeers were fleeced for many times more than that!

We are going to miss this time....

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

For a good reason I am sure. Good luck in Va. Let us know how it goes.

Admin and koushh have reacted to this post.
Adminkoushh

Sure. Thank you. One more news to share ....last weekend our team secured 1st place in the L1 Sr. Div in the "Rocket For School" competition, WI. Thank you to all of you for your help, support and guidance.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG-20240511-WA0053.jpg
  • IMG-20240511-WA0035.jpg
  • IMG_20240511_133334812_HDR.jpg
Eric Becher and Ken Golomb have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherKen Golomb

Congratulations on the win! Brian had shared that with some of us. That's great! And the rocket looks really cool too. Nice paint job!

Page 1 of 2Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.