Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Headcount for December Launch

PreviousPage 2 of 2

It doesn't look good, but that isn't my call. I'm seeing 60-80% rain. The weather page here is saying from 100-31% at the moment. Even if it isn't raining at the time of the launch, with heavy rain overnight predicted, it will be a messy field. So if we are a "go", bring your boots!

Well, believe it or not, I am now *HOPING* for rain -- because I'm being told to show up for work on Sunday as well, which means, if we launch, I'm *not* going to be there (drats!) because they now want to have someone here 24/7, which now means splitting up the team into 3 shifts, but we're all working 7 days for the forseeable future, which is ridiculous, but we can't do anything about it right now. Hopefully this will be resolved within the week, but I'm not holding my breath.

We will see what happens. Right now I'm living off coffee and .... more coffee....

Quote from Brian C. on December 1, 2023, 11:38 am

FYI: Google NJ hospitals cyberattack, and you'll find out why I'm working weekends!

What system are they running that lent themselves to ransomeware?

Well, on the local side, we are running Windows 10 and the medical application throughout the system is "Epic", which is a Citrix application. On the server side of things, I have no idea as Ardent's main facility is in Nashville, And I'm not the corporate networking guy. I'm doing desktop support, which most of the time is pretty straightforward, and then there's situations like this, where the folks with the corner offices are the ones getting us into trouble.

Quote from Brian C. on December 2, 2023, 9:26 am

Well, on the local side, we are running Windows 10 and the medical application throughout the system is "Epic", which is a Citrix application. On the server side of things, I have no idea as Ardent's main facility is in Nashville, And I'm not the corporate networking guy. I'm doing desktop support, which most of the time is pretty straightforward, and then there's situations like this, where the folks with the corner offices are the ones getting us into trouble.

I'd think that the data needed to run the hospital would be on the servers, not the Weendoz interface systems; especially, as this ransomware affected multiple sites across the country.

Quote from Admin on December 2, 2023, 10:21 am
I'd think that the data needed to run the hospital would be on the servers, not the Weendoz interface systems; especially, as this ransomware affected multiple sites across the country.

Which is exactly what's happening -- our local desktops are mostly unaffected, it's the servers in TN that are a disaster. They have backups of course, but the restore of "everything" is taking time, and in the meantime, we're doing all kinds of backwards hacks to keep things going without the infrastructure.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
PreviousPage 2 of 2
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.