Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Ye old throwback

A recent social media post made me look up some old pics. This referred to herb desind, the cineroc king. He would fly that anywhere. 3 mile island, Houston astrodome, and World Trade Center. This is where I met him n we used to fly what is now liberty science center/ park

So post an old pix of yourself doing rocketry. I did have a maxi Pershing 1A, maxi xwing, n FSI black brant. All on nightly D motors… still have black brant model. I have FSI unbuilt kits, and Pershing n xwing too

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_4704.jpeg
  • IMG_4701.jpeg
  • IMG_4705.jpeg

I'm guessing that's you in the group on the right?

Sorry, I can't help you with old photos of me and rockets. My foray in rocketry as a kid was brief, not very successful, and totally undocumented. I took up sailing, football, and rifle shooting instead. Not too much of that documented either! So now in my old age, I physically can't play football, wife won't let me play with guns, and I can't afford sailing. So I'm back to rockets!

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Same here. And my sister made off with all the family photos anyhow. And I never liked being in front of the camera. While I have always been a space nut, after "Star Wars" in 1977, I tried to take up film-making, went into animation, did that for a while, worked on TV and some movies, then got into computers, formed a multimedia company with a friend, we did CDROMs and then eventually websites in the early days of the internet, that all went bust in the 2000's recession, and then did IT full time for various banks. Retired and went back into rocketry. Go figure.

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

Star Wars

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_4867.jpeg
  • IMG_4866.jpeg
  • IMG_4868.jpeg
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.