Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Web Meetings

During the on-field meeting at the last launch, I mentioned that it might be advantageous to hold meetings via the internet. I'm not a huge fan of the internet meeting thing but it seems like something which could be a benefit for us all.

I'm familiar with Apple's FaceTime but it's exclusively Mac only. I have participated in Zoom meetings but, unless one coughs up money for Zoom, the duration of meeting that can be held is short.  However, I did find that Google Meet (formerly Duo) will allow a group video meetup for up to an hour without cost! Perhaps, in the not too far distant future, we may hold club meetings using this technology. I really loathe taking time away from flying at launches. I'm also not keen on holding the meetings elsewhere prior to the launch. This past launch demonstrated why it is NOT a good idea. Many members arrived late for Sunday's launch.  The on-field joke was that those who arrived last had forgotten to change their clocks. Regardless of the reason, I'd prefer a more member-inclusive meeting where as many members as possible can contribute/participate.

As usual, comments on this or other topics are welcome in the CENJARS Forum. So, if you haven't created an account on the CENJARS website, now is a good time to do so.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

What were you thinking, maybe a once a month virtual meeting? Discuss club business, show off any projects people are working on, and share a little knowledge with anyone that has questions? Could be a good thing.

Does Skype still work? I used that a few times, but that was a long time ago.

Quote from Eric Becher on November 10, 2023, 10:57 am

What were you thinking, maybe a once a month virtual meeting? Discuss club business, show off any projects people are working on, and share a little knowledge with anyone that has questions? Could be a good thing.

Does Skype still work? I used that a few times, but that was a long time ago.

I never used Skype. Does it all video conferencing? Besides, it's Micro$oft according to Kevin.

I'd prefer to use something that doesn't require downloading software. Google's Meet satisfies that criteria.

You can barely get people to use these forums and you want to do a virtual meeting?!?

Quote from Ken Golomb on November 19, 2023, 5:07 pm

You can barely get people to use these forums and you want to do a virtual meeting?!?

I know, I'm a dreamer.

Today's Dilbert calendar page.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20231120_101608_kindlephoto-491468324.jpg
Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.