Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

URRF -- June 10

Poobah mentioned this in another thread. Looked it up, but there isn't much info on their website.... I see it's a launch, is this a big event like Red Glare or a small event like Metra?? I see it's a 5hr drive from me, interested in going since I essentially missed Red Glare. Tell me more!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Ok, just did a little more research and it's a big event like Red Glare.... I may be busy Saturday, anyone know the hours for Sunday, as I'm likely to wake up early, bomb my way up there with minimal stops, stay as long as possible and then drive home in the dark. Is it free to attend as a spectator??

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

We were thinking of going just to gawk, but no. We were going to make it a week long vacation and meet a friend, but all plans are off. Jo Ann's father is having heart surgery on the 9th, so we're not going anywhere. 😕

Looks like a good time though. If I recall, it said somewhere that looking is free. Have a good time, and take pictures. Maybe I can make it next year.

You had Red Glare all yourself!!!
Here comes the rain/wind/tornadoes to URRF on Sunday. 😉

I'll be there for all three days. I'm probably not flying anything due to weight lifting restrictions. I'm going to see Dan and Neil fly the full-scale Patriot.   URRF has an 18K AGL FAA COA, so expect to see many large HP flights.  The farm space is even bigger than Higgs Farm.

I believe the range opens at 9:00 and closes around 5:00.  Sunday closes a bit earlier.  You can leave about 3:00 and get home with some light for most of the drive.

Brian C. has reacted to this post.
Brian C.

URRF-9 was a great success.  Many fliers and many great flights.  Cool shirt logo for the event too.

Neil invited me to be a part of the Patriot team. Because I was only two weeks out from my hernia surgery, I took to video documenting the Patriot's prep and launch. Here's the finished video. Enjoy!

Uploaded files:
  • URRF-9-T-shirt.jpg
Brian C. has reacted to this post.
Brian C.
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.