Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

September 2023 Scheduled Launch

Hello CENJARS,

This Sunday, the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, is our monthly scheduled launch. The weather is looking fine and the winds low from the west and southwest. This means we'll setup on the side of the field close to the baseball field next to the parking area.

This launch is our last of the summer, so let's get a goodly number of rockets into the sky. It's also the last launch before our younger members return to school.

Our use of the Athletic Complex has been secured for the next several months. We'll be OK through April when NAR renews the insurance coverage. At that time, another application for the complex must be filed.

The Millstone Scout build and launch was fun, and I want to thank all who came out to assist. Our next outreach event will be Wall Kid's Day on the 23rd of September. The Wall Kid's Day information is available on the club Calendar on our website. Wall Kid's Day is a great way for us to introduce youngsters (and oldsters) to model rocketry. We do demo launches (small rockets because the area is small) for spectators and there's always plenty of question to be answered.

Rocketship Games will NOT be at the field for this launch. If you need a special motor, I will be attending the METRA launch on Saturday. If you let me know what you want/need, I can likely get it from Wildman Connecticut (Richard Comshaw) who is METRA's on-site motor vendor.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

I will also be at METRA on Saturday, trying to finally get Moondog to successfully fly on a "G", so I can get an idea of how much trouble I'll be in when I stuff a small "H" in there and try to L1 with that rocket. I've got plenty of 4" diameter rockets as backup just in case Moondog doesn't work out.  I will also be flying King Ring and few others as well. Not even sure yet what I am bringing even though I am fast running out of days to prep. I might just be throwing random rockets in the car and hoping for the best....

For CENJARS I'm flying mostly 18mm and 24mm motor'ed rockets, as I don't want to chase the big ones for 3/4 of a mile like last time.... And that said, the lighter rockets are getting streamers rather than a chute. Don't want to walk too far.

Quote from Brian C. on August 30, 2023, 8:48 pm

I will also be at METRA on Saturday, trying to finally get Moondog to successfully fly on a "G", so I can get an idea of how much trouble I'll be in when I stuff a small "H" in there and try to L1 with that rocket. I've got plenty of 4" diameter rockets as backup just in case Moondog doesn't work out.  I will also be flying King Ring and few others as well. Not even sure yet what I am bringing even though I am fast running out of days to prep. I might just be throwing random rockets in the car and hoping for the best....

If it flies well on a G, buy a baby H at METRA and fly it again for your L1. Bring the cert. paperwork and I can sign off on it for you.

Good luck with the L1. Low and slow is the name of the game!

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.