Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Scouting University 2024

Last year CENJARS was invited to this Scouting thing called Scouting University. Both Eric and myself went to the first part of the program held at Barnegat High School. For the time and effort, he and I had little interaction with any scouts or scout masters because they were busied with other training running concurrent with the event.

If we should decide to sign-on to do this again, I will request that there actually be some interaction with the scouts and scout masters.

I've uploaded a PDF of the email I received. Review it and let me know what you think.

Uploaded files:

Last year, if I recall, at the University we spoke to maybe 2 Scouts/Scout Leaders. We spent more time talking to other exhibitors (who had similar experiences). The attendees just were not given the time to meet and greet those of us who put up displays. And I also recall that we tried to confirm the Extravaganza event, but no one would answer you, so we didn't attend. I don't see anything in the letter that indicates they will do any kind of different program. So I don't think it is worth us to go down there. But we could send them our brochure (electronic copy) and they can send that around it they would like. I would also not be shy in telling them why we would not attend, not to complain, but to help them improve their program.

Having said that, if others want to give it another shot, I am willing to support the Club's efforts, as long as I am available.

And I don't do Ro-day-o's, 37.8541 liter hats, or sweaty handkerchiefs around my neck.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

They just want us for that beautiful CENJARS Laser Etched Coaster door prize! 😏
Did they ask for any feedback after last years event??
If not....I'd expect more of the same.

Maybe just stick with the scout launches where the rockets are certainly the center of attention.

Admin, Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1Eric Becher

Door prizes are easy.  I have a bunch of Make it Take it's.

There's nothing on their calendar for the Extravaganza yet so I don't know what the event really is.  It is an outdoor event but it doesn't look like a demo launch would work.  It could be something to ask the leader.  University is an indoor event and only a few hours.

I would be willing to do it.  No, I'm not wearing a Stetson either.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

If club doing it, depending on the day I can support as well

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.