Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

October 2023 Scheduled Launch

Not to preempt the official announcement, but...

Joe Z and I were talking earlier. Joe donated some Estes sunglasses and stickers from the Spacemodeling Championships to be used as prizes. We were discussing possible contests. We also discussed his suggestion of a mass mega mosquito launch (being done by another club). I don't know that we have a lot of mega mosquitoes in the Club, but I think we have a bunch of Goblins in various sizes and colors. What if we asked everyone to bring those. Fits the October / Halloween theme too. Then, anyone who does bring one can be entered in a raffle for the prizes. Could expand it a little to any Halloween themed rocket. (One entry per flyer, no matter how many rockets they bring.)

Just a thought. Comments?

FYI, you just sent your post out to the CENJARS mailing list. πŸ˜‰

ANY new topic in the Management Forum goes out to everyone. You've also kidnapped the announcement for the October launch. I'm going to move this to the Section Roundtable Forum.

I remember donating some stuff to the club to be used as prizes -- the club *should* have a bunch of stuff at this point that can be prize-worthy, and if not I've still got 2 boxed Leapers!

The Leaper is not a "prize". In fact, if the shipping wasn't so expensive, I would say we should send them all back to Estes! πŸ˜‚

If you have donated kits for prizes (which sounds familiar to me) then Charlie probably has them in a box. Or perhaps Brian does. I know I don't have them.

Not in my list of stuff.

Quote from Eric Becher on September 10, 2023, 7:58 pm

The Leaper is not a "prize". In fact, if the shipping wasn't so expensive, I would say we should send them all back to Estes! πŸ˜‚

If you have donated kits for prizes (which sounds familiar to me) then Charlie probably has them in a box. Or perhaps Brian does. I know I don't have them.

I have some things Brian C. gave me and I have a number of items I've acquired that can be prizes. Most of the items are entry level Estes kits and Β or Estes Starter sets.

We have a small un-powered glider that we were going to launch inside of our to-be-built large tube rocket, but you can have it if you want as a prize. However, we will not be at the October launch because I will be spending some quality time with friends and family in Portugal drinking some really good Port. November, on the other hand, we expect to attend because the Jets home game is Monday night that week. I can bring the glider then and would donate another prize of some kind if I can find a good source. December is a no (home Dolphins) and January is a maybe (away Patriots, will go only if it matters).

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.