Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

October 2023 Scheduled Launch

Hello CENJARS,

This Sunday, the first Sunday of October, is our monthly scheduled launch. The weather is looking fine and the winds low from the north and east. This means we'll setup on the side of the field close to the soccer field next to the parking area. We'll assess winds at the field and decide were is best for setup.

This launch is early October but the general theme is Halloween. I usually launch my Spudnik to celebrate the launch of Sputnik; however, I've been swamped with work and my Father in-Law is in hospital making my time even more precious. Martha has been staying at the hospital (Hackensack), so I've been back in bachelor mode.

Rocketship Games WILL be at this launch! Joe said he will arrive after our launch starts but he will be there! Get your purchases in when he arrives.

Saturday, the rescheduled Wall Kids' Day event, is still up in the air. Hopefully, the rains will subside to allow holding this event. I will update the Calendar event as soon as I know of any possible changes in schedule.

WEAR BOOTS. judging from the monsoon we're having here in Northern NJ, I expect the field to be muddy, muddy and possibly muddier than you think. The ground will be soft, which will be great for those of you who have their parachutes fail to deploy, but this could also mean that retrieving those rockets could have you sinking  up to your ankles.

I will have some extra Halloween 'pumpkin' stickers available if you wish to go the extra mile in decorating your rocket for the season. I've been putting stickers on some of my rockets, but haven't gotten to them all. Either way, I'll have some extra....

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

You can guarantee that there will be mud! Yes, boots are in order. I would also avoid the picnic blanket plan. Folding tables and chairs will be your saving grace I think. But you could probably skip the tents. Shouldn't be too hot.

That's all I have to say 'bout that. 😕

As of 8 am this morning, the field is fine!!!  There are a couple of squishy spots, but nothing to worry about.  While I was there, the wind was out of the northwest.  It may turn a little more to the north but we should be setting up near our favorite launch location.  That will be near the squishy spots, but by 1 pm it should be a lot better.

Now to finish building the great pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.