Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

November 2023 Scheduled Launch

Hello CENJARS,
This Sunday, the first day of the return to Eastern Standard Time, is our monthly scheduled launch. The weather is looking fine with temperatures hovering around 70ºF and winds prevailing from the southwest. I suspect that we may setup along the lower baseball field for this launch; however, actual setup location will be predicated on the wind velocity and determined when we get to the field.
The NOVEMBER launch has typically been coupled with the yearly club meeting to elect officers. Since COVID, these meetings have been held rather informally at the field instead of indoors. In the past, these had been indoor meetings prior to the launch but, due to the already shortened hours of daylight, I'd prefer to spend as much of the daylight time possible at the field. I will bring some food — sandwiches/subs and soft drinks — and we will break to hold a brief club meeting (10-15 minutes) at approximately 14:00 (2:00pm).
On the agenda …
  • Election of club officers. Presently, the club's officers are:
President: Brian Schenkenberger
Vice-President: Jimmy Zindle
Secretary: Eric Becher
Treasurer: Tom Brieva
Equipment Mgr.: Charlie Kirlew
We will accept nominations for these positions and then, hold the vote. Nothing formal; just a show of hands. If you are interested in any of these positions and what they entail, please visit the website and familiarize yourself with the club by-laws.
I am both willing and insane enough to maintain the presidency position for another year if you'll have me. I'd hope that the other current officers would let me know their intentions before Sunday.
  • Discussion of club equipment and other pertinent concerns/issues.
There has been an ongoing discussion amongst several of the club officers concerning equipment, (T)ARC teams, and general rocket safety issues. I'd like to open this discussion to a wider audience and place the discussion topics in the website forum.
  • General status of the club and club finances.
The club is in good shape financially. CENJARS has also seen a significant membership growth spurt this past year.
  • Anything else that may pique a member's interest is open for discussion.

Due to the rollback of the clock to EST, do try to arrive as early as possible. We'd like to see everyone fly and retrieve their rockets before the sun's light becomes too diminished. Don't fret, there'll still be light at 17:00 (5:00pm)

I was hoping to have a small token of appreciation for club members but the past several weeks have been ridiculously hectic. My father-in-law has been in and out of hospital. In fact, Martha and I recently traveled to Las Vegas, and my father-in-law's health put that trip in jeopardy. He finally went home from hospital after a surgery the day before we were to leave for Las Vegas. I've had several rockets in varying states of completion that I'd hoped I'd have done for October's launch and now, they're still not ready for November's launch. "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." (John Lennon) Perhaps, more fitting, I will get something for the December launch just in time for Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, Saturnalia, Winter Solstice, or whatever you may celebrate during the month of December.

Eric Becher and Brian C. have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherBrian C.

I am willing to do another year as equipment manager.  I wouldn't object to some help with that as part of a transition.  No timetable on the transition and no idea how to work it yet.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Unless anyone else wishes to take over as Secretary, I'd be willing to stay on, pending approval of the membership.

For the picnic, I can bring some side salads and perhaps a bag or two of chips. Not sure of my table status since Jo Ann has a craft fair that day (and won't be at the launch). Let me know if you need any other help.

Hope your father in law is doing much better.

And as for December holidays - don't forget Festivus! (for the rest of us)😁

I hope all the parents and in-laws do well with the changes in their lives.

I will bring my extra table.

You will have my vote for secretary.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher
Quote from Eric Becher on November 1, 2023, 12:56 pm

For the picnic, I can bring some side salads and perhaps a bag or two of chips. Not sure of my table status since Jo Ann has a craft fair that day (and won't be at the launch). Let me know if you need any other help.

Depends upon who will join me for the launch. If I can swing it, I'll bring my 8ft. folding table which should be ample room for most anything we'll have.

And as for December holidays - don't forget Festivus! (for the rest of us)😁

GACK!  Too MARCH/VCF geek! Right Ken?

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.