Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

November 2022 Scheduled Launch

Attention CENJARS members,

It is time once again for our scheduled launch.  The weather gods have promised that they will be kind to us again too.  Forecast has temps in the low 70ºFs.  Winds might be a bit higher than we would all like to see but they are manageable and, who knows, the wind forecast may look better by launch time.

November is also our yearly CENJARS meeting to discuss where the club has been and where we'd like to take it.  It is also the time when the club's officers are elected.  Typically, this meeting had been held at a local pizza joint but I think that to better accommodate the club's membership that the meeting will be held at the field.  I can get pizzas or I can get another sandwich ring (like I got got the club picnic) or both.  I will also get soft drinks.  HOWEVER, I need a head count for this.  IF you intend to attend the November launch, please let me know by 18:00 Thursday (email or use the website's CONTACT form).  Let me know what you'd like to eat too.  The sandwich can eaten cold butI don't really know how to maintain the pizza temp, so you may need to eat your open-faced ketchup and cheese sandwiches at ambient temperature.

This coming Sunday will also see the return of Eastern Standard Time.  Sun on the field will be at a premium, so get there early if you have plans to fly.

— Poobah

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Saturday I'm going to Metra (to observe), but Sunday I'll be at Cenjars with some new rockets to fly. Regarding grub, I think the sandwiches would keep easier than Pizza, but given our possible record high temp of 75, that might even be an issue unless we've got ice. See ya then!

Eric Becher
Quote from Brian C. on November 2, 2022, 7:55 pm

Saturday I'm going to Metra (to observe), but Sunday I'll be at Cenjars with some new rockets to fly.

Your first trip to METRA?  I'll try to be there too.

I'll order the sandwich tomorrow.

Eric Becher

Hello Poobah, we have 3 attending , plan on launching some new rockets along with some oldie , Mike

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.