Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Next month's launch is the club picnic too!

The August launch has traditionally been a club picnic launch.  The club's officers will discuss foods and beverages that the club will provide for the event. We are asking, if you will, to signup to bring a food item.  Salads, chips, pretzels, other snack food, health food, junk food, desserts, other picnic foods, etc. I have created a signup form for picnic potluck foods. You do not need to have a website account to signup; however, while you are on the website, I'd encourage you do create an account. The potluck signup just needs a first name and the food item description you will bring. This form will show you a list of items others have signed up to provide.

FYI, the next launch falls on my birthday.  As such, I will be making BBQ ribs, cornbread and homemade slaw. Some corn on the cob would go well with that, wouldn't it? Hint. Hint. I will keep the ribs warm in a large catering thermos.  If anyone has a camping stove, that would be welcomed.

Picnic Potluck Signup Form

Uploaded files:
  • 1969936.jpg
Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Unfortunately, a month later and we're still in this cycle of heat/humidity/possible thunderstorms.

Anyone have a weather forecast for the first weekend of August yet? I tried my crystal ball, but I can't see that far into the future yet.

Clear and a high of 81. Not that there’s a chance of that being true.

You're pretty close to accurate!   I'm showing partly cloudy/Mostly sunny with a high of 79, which sounds about perfect. Let's hope the winds are calm as well. I've got 4 (or 5) rockets I've not flown at CENJARS yet, so I'm bringing that, plus a few old standbys, like my ever popular Big Daddy. I've got plates and cutlery already for the festivities, but still need to purchase cups. I should also try and remember napkins and a big garbage bag.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Yes - weather is looking about perfect! Looking forward to it.

Best bring a few garbage bags. Plates and cups take up volume. Last year I also tried to have a recycling bag, but that didn't work out so well.

I don't have anything new that I can fly there, but I'll try to have a few old favorites.

OH - And Joe from Rocketship Games says he'll likely be there  too! $$😁$$

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1
Quote from Eric Becher on August 1, 2023, 11:39 am

OH - And Joe from Rocketship Games says he'll likely be there  too! $$😁$$

I look forward to my wallet being lighter when I go home. I need reloads for my 29/40-120

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.