Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

NASA launch visible along the East Coast 8/1/2023

According to this article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nasa-rocket-launch-may-visible-150436479.html  We might be able to see a rocket heading into space tomorrow. I have a thing to do, but someone else take a peek around 8:31PM to the south and maybe you'll see it.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Yes,  the Antares rocket launches from Wallops Island in VA and goes to the ISS as a re-supply mission, it launches tonight (Tuesday) at 8:30pm. And due to the inclination of the ISS, the rocket needs to travel NorthEast, meaning some portion of the flight is visible to the NE coast.

I was initially planning to to go to Washington's Rock near Warren NJ to get a good look, but I remembered that I'm busy tonight (as I am practically every night), so I'll just catch it on Youtube.

You guys that are an hour South of me should be able to get an even better view. I would love to be able to find the time to drive to Cape May, which is practically next to Wallops and view it there, but I never seem to get the chance.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

I've got a Red Cross thing for "National Night Out" (whatever that is) down in Lakewood. I'll likely be driving a truck when the launch happens. So I'll miss it me thinks. Maybe someone will take pictures or video and post it online? (what are the odds!)

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.