Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

MDRA red glare report

Page 1 of 2Next

Red glare is a 3 day rocket event in Maryland. It’s a huge field and M motors are common

A few club members went to it, Eric achieved his L1, Poohbah tested his model intended for his L3 w an L motor, I flew my first flight on my patriot. Jeff flew a bunch, and jimmy, and Ken

you may recognize club members, and everyone helps each other. There were TARC teams, NASA teams, watch the video

Uploaded files:
  • 4C88AB5F-DE80-47FB-A1BD-140D69410111.jpeg
  • 81F493E6-B33E-4435-9F7A-D4F19BCF62F1.jpeg
  • 0754C94D-3089-4EF4-B53A-26208C44FA37.jpeg
Admin, Eric Becher and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
AdminEric BecherKen GolombJeffMyers

Franz had a couple of nice flights too I believe.

A shame Saturday was washed out, but we made the best of what we had. They run a good event down there. Lots of cool rockets. If you get a chance, I highly recommend it, even for a day just to watch. MDRA also has monthly launches that are pretty good too, and worth a trip down.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

March did not go out like a lamb and I won't talk about those April Showers.  Red Glare still didn't disappoint...non-stop organized launches once the winds calmed on Sunday.  The MDRA team kindly added a bonus rack on Sunday so all could get their certification flights completed.

Thank you all for a very fun 3 days...now if we can only get Dairy Queen to carry that Salted Caramel topping!!

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

What do you do when life hands you a wet & windy day not suitable for flying?

You go to Dairy Queen!

(photo by JZ)

Uploaded files:
  • DQ.jpg
Quote from Eric Becher on April 6, 2023, 7:36 pm

What do you do when life hands you a wet & windy day not suitable for flying?

You go to Dairy Queen!

(photo by JZ)

I didn't get Dairy Queen. 🙁

Oh, that's right. Sorry. At the time you were waiting for silverware to eat your fish and chips. Those of us at the kiddie table had left the restaurant early.

Adding my two cents' worth - my first time and Red Glare and really enjoyed it.  Everyone is very helpful.  Thanks to Brian S and Franz for BP I used to try dual deployment.  Thanks to Ken and Eric for helping me look for my Black Brant X with altimeter and avionics.  Slogging through tall tough grassy field was exhausting, and I had given up but Eric found my rocket!!  I'm so grateful - thank you.  I learned a lot and met lots of great people from rocketeers to vendors to spectators and friends.  There were several school groups and they helped bring some youthful energy. The event is well-run and I highly recommend it.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher
Quote from Eric Becher on April 6, 2023, 9:01 pm

Oh, that's right. Sorry. At the time you were waiting for silverware to eat your fish and chips. Those of us at the kiddie table had left the restaurant early.

Never frequented a DQ.

Quote from JeffMyers on April 8, 2023, 4:13 pm

Adding my two cents' worth - my first time and Red Glare and really enjoyed it.  Everyone is very helpful.  Thanks to Brian S and Franz for BP I used to try dual deployment.  Thanks to Ken and Eric for helping me look for my Black Brant X with altimeter and avionics.  Slogging through tall tough grassy field was exhausting, and I had given up but Eric found my rocket!!  I'm so grateful - thank you.  I learned a lot and met lots of great people from rocketeers to vendors to spectators and friends.  There were several school groups and they helped bring some youthful energy. The event is well-run and I highly recommend it.

The really big launch events are so much fun and rocket people, save for a very select few, are really great people and willing to help. Where else can you see hundreds of people literally burning tens of thousands of dollars!

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher
Quote from Admin on April 8, 2023, 7:05 pm
Where else can you see hundreds of people literally burning tens of thousands of dollars!

A boat marina!

Page 1 of 2Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.