Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

March 2024 Scheduled Launch

Greetings CENJARS,

FINALLY, It's looking like Mother Nature is smiling upon us. The weather forecast for Sunday is looking fabulous for early March.

We will be holding our monthly scheduled launch this Sunday with temps forecast to be in the low 60ºF and low winds too. If you've got big things to fly, bring them out. New, old, big and small. This month, we have St. Patrick's Day, so kudos to the first CENJARS member to fly a corned beef and cabbage special! Extra Kudos if you include the malt vinegar!!! Don't forget the ides of March too.

I apologize for this late announcement. Several things going on in my life had my thoughts focused elsewhere this week. I can explain at the launch, not here. Anyway, I hope this announcement finds you and finds you well, and thoroughly excited to fly this Sunday!

FWIW, there should be a post-launch debriefing too, I believe, at Kane Brewing. The more, the merrier. These are always fun CENJARS socials.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Sooo...  It has been raining pretty good here all day. The weather should be great tomorrow, but the field will likely be a bit sloppy/wet/soggy/a swamp. I recommend the boots! (And not picnic blankets.)

I will also have with me:

• Membership applications (or you can have it in advance here).
  • Membership cards for anyone who has paid and not already picked them up.
  • Raffle prizes from last month for: Joe K., Christopher O., Raunak S., Michael S.
  • And the usual - stickers, pins, and "space snacks" if anyone needs them.

So see me if you need any of the above, or to pay your dues for 2024.

-Eric

If field be sloppy/wet/soggy/a swamp, then is it no for rocket made with card board please?

It should be fine, as long as we don't let them sit in wetter areas too long. It will also be soft landings, which is good.

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.