Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

LDRS keg launch project

Some of you may be aware of the recent hi power launch of a 5 gal beer keg at BALLS in 2023. This was flown on an O motor by Bryce Chanes from Washington state. He’s planning on coming to LDRS and he’s upping his game.  He wants to fly a 1/2 bbl keg, 160 lbs of nose weight. I’m in a beer club, mash New Jersey, and I have 2 homebrewers to make the east coast beer. One has a son attending Syracuse studying astrophysics… the beer club may make it a bus trip too

so, if you want to help this project, let me know. Bryce is building the rocket and is planning a P motor

keith is the primary brewer, near my house.
In any event, the launch should be loud

these pixs are of Bryce O motor flight

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
  • IMG_9711.png
  • IMG_0177.jpeg
  • IMG_0179.jpeg
  • IMG_0785.jpeg

I wouldn't mind helping out at the launch a little. Don't know what else I could do ahead of time. I could also try taking some pictures for him. I'm not a pro, but I wouldn't stamp my name across the pictures either.

Special bonus - I don't drink beer, so I won't be stealing any of the "nose weight" either.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Oh, and what's the beer name gonna be, "Ballistic Brew"? 😂🍺

Zielijo1

Here’s an update from Bryce

project code name BIGFOOT

its gonna be a P motor

Right now I am baselining a full 1/2bbl ~17”x23” diameter keg. 160 lbs nose weight

After flight, the keg will be moved down to the body tube for tapping, pressurization, and chilling. (Assuming we want to do it similar to the recent Sasquatch flight)

Pix 1

My level 3 is the left one, Sasquatch in the middle, and Project Bigfoot on the right.

Pix 2

This is the keg compartment.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_2013.jpeg
  • IMG_2011.jpeg
  • IMG_5493.jpeg
  • IMG_0657.jpeg
Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Ok. "Ballistic Brew" is the beer name.

The rocket name has gotta be "BF Rocket". 'Cause that is one BF rocket!! But officially, BF stands for "Big Foot".

Is he selling tickets to ride in it? He should at least sell t-shirts for the event. And you should design a tiki mug for the occasion. Something that looks like Bigfoot holding, or riding, a rocket. (That would be awesome!!)

Zielijo1

I was just reading about Sasquatch, which was the 14 foot rocket he built, which is an upscale Madcow "Squat", so now I see he's going even bigger with Bigfoot, which is going to be .... 20 feet tall? I just don't want to me near that when it goes sideways, but his other flights were successful, so I guess he knows what he is doing.

Should be interesting. And Loud!

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

Be there!

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.