Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

June 2023 Scheduled Launch

CENJARS Rocketeers,

It's time again for our monthly launch. This month, June.

First, a little reminder that Joe Zielinski has a contest going in the CENJARS website Forum. Joe is looking for a DJ name to be used with his on-the-field playlists. No fee to enter. All you need is an account on the CENJARS website. Find the Forum post and add your creative contribution for a DJ name. This is Joe's contest, so he will decide the winner and its prize.

Since our last launch, both myself and Franz have undergone surgery to correct inguinal hernias. Franz had his surgery three days after I had mine. We're both getting better. I'll be fine for the launch although I'm restricted to lifting 15 lbs. max.  I'm certain Franz has restrictions too.  We could both use a hand at the field.

I am watching Sunday's weather forecasts. Different sources are calling for different conditions Sunday; presently, all seem to have conflicting forecasts for Sunday. I'll keep watching this closely and, hopefully, I won't need to call the launch.

Remember, ALWAYS check the CENJARS website to determine if the launch is GO or SCRUBBED.

CENJARS has been invited to do a demo launch at the Quail Hill Scouting Reservation on Saturday, June 10th. Details in the Forum and on the website Calendar. CENJARS has done a demo launch at Quail Hill for many years. It's fun! Your Poobah will not be available to attend this year's Quail Hill demo launch because I will be attending URRF, the Upstate Research Rocket Festival, in Penn Yan, NY. Neil Brown will be there along with Dan Michael to launch a full-scale 600lbs Patriot missile with 5 Aerotech Motors — a central O5500X surrounded by 4 N2000Ws. That's $8K worth of APCP!

See you there!

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.