Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

July 2023 Scheduled Launch

CENJARS Rocketeers,

This coming weekend marks the end of June and the beginning of July. You know what that means; it's time our monthly launch.

The present weather prognostications do not bode well for favorable weather for our launch. However, myriad forecasts have been changing, so it might look up for us as the week closes out. PLEASE check the CENJARS website Sunday morning before you make your trek to the field. The current weather has been so unstable that I may not be able to give a GO/NO-GO status until early Sunday morning.

This weekend, for many, is an extended 4th of July weekend. Because of Independence Day, let's see your patriotic rockets flying at this launch. Anything red, white and blue could fit the theme.

While I have your attention, the scheduled August launch is the traditional CENJARS picnic launch. It's also my birthday. As such, I will be making ribs, homemade slaw and cornbread to celebrate my youthfulness. 🤪 Members are welcome to bring a food you wish to share as well. Last year, I'd picked up some circular subs that were a great hit. If you're not a rib-ster, let me know and I'll place an order for a sub too. Side dishes, desserts, drinks, etc. are welcome if you bring food for the group.

URRF was great! If you want details about URRF, ask Neil or myself at the launch.

Keep fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate…

Eric Becher and Brian C. have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherBrian C.

Keep your fingers crossed, canceled launch weekends make me very very grumpy...

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Brian C. on June 28, 2023, 1:03 pm

Keep your fingers crossed, canceled launch weekends make me very very grumpy...

Maybe you need to try decaf? 🤨 🤪

My long range forecast app shows no rain Sunday between 6:00 and 18:00.  If that remains true, we can launch.  I'd suggest a popup just in case there's any brief bit of precipitation.

In summer, I'd suggest a popup regardless. If not for a passing shower, to give some shady relief from the sun.

Admin
Quote from Eric Becher on June 28, 2023, 3:46 pm

In summer, I'd suggest a popup regardless. If not for a passing shower, to give some shady relief from the sun.

It's supposed to be fairly overcast but one can still get sunburn.  A popup is a great field companion in the summer and, for our launch site, during the geese migration months. 😉

Quote from Admin on June 28, 2023, 2:10 pm

Maybe you need to try decaf? 🤨 🤪

Grrrrr! What are you talking about? GGGRRRRRR... I'm perfectly fine! (shakes fists in the air) I AM NOT HYSTERICAL!  ;-0

Admin

I've assembled my fleet (in some cases quite literally) and looking forward to a launch. I'm afraid the weather reports aren't looking much better. Yet. Fingers still crossed.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20230630_084528_kindlephoto-279859055.jpg
Quote from Eric Becher on June 30, 2023, 8:55 am

I've assembled my fleet (in some cases quite literally) and looking forward to a launch. I'm afraid the weather reports aren't looking much better. Yet. Fingers still crossed.

This is one I may have to call early Sunday morning. I've been checking various forecasts.

I see we are still on ... GOOD!

Had a fun time at METRA today and Poobah made an appearance to say hi to folks and take lots of photos. Keeping fingers crossed. Did plenty of walking today, and the good news is that I got all my rockets back, even the one that landed in a tree.

Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.