Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

January 2023 Scheduled Launch

First, I wish a Healthy and Happy New Year to all CENJARS members and their families. That said …

It's time for the first scheduled CENJARS launch of 2023 (New Years Day, Sunday January 1) so, don't imbibe too heavily of adult beverages and stay up late to see that stolid New Years Eve ball lowering nonsense in Times Square. It's much more exciting to see things go up, not down, like rockets, investments and the temperature!

Speaking of temperature, weather prognostications for New Years Day are touting low 50ºF temperatures and wind speed forecasts have been predicted to be lower and lower every time I've checked. So, come on out and welcome in the CENJARS New Year launch schedule. The chances are relatively slim that we will be so fortunate to see 50°F+ launch temps again this winter. Take full advantage of the situation!

While it is likely too soon to see any of your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Saturnalia present rockets assembled and ready to fly, you must have something that hasn't flown before or in a great while. Bring them out to fly.

If you haven't already renewed your CENJARS membership, bring your completed application form and dues in check or cash to the launch.  Rates are detailed on the CENJARS.org website under Section Hub ➤ Join CENJARS.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Cool! (So to speak) We get to watch the rockets drop!

What about Festivus?

I will try my Christmas tree again (added more weight). If I had thought of it sooner I'd have made a flying Festivus pole "for the rest of us!" Maybe next year.

Quote from Eric Becher on December 30, 2022, 11:40 am

What about Festivus?

I will try my Christmas tree again (added more weight). If I had thought of it sooner I'd have made a flying Festivus pole "for the rest of us!" Maybe next year.

I tried several times to watch that Seinfeld show at friends' request.  I found it stupid but never funny.

Ah yes, the airing of grievances!

😁

Uploaded files:
  • grievances.jpg

As PooBah said, I cannot bring my Super Big Bertha or Der Big Red Max yet to the field on Sunday. While mostly built, they are not yet painted. Need a few more warm days to get out and spray paint with wild abandon. Maybe on Monday. For those interested, my CATO from last month destroyed "Drag Queen", but fear not, as the nosecone and payload section have been grafted to the Super Bertha to form "Queen Bertha", which I guess will premiere in February, once I can can come up with a paint scheme. I really like how Bertha came out -- the 3-ply fins were challenging, but worked well. I wish the same could be said for Red Max, as those fins warped a bit when I papered them to try and stiffen them up. In hindsight, I should have gone with the plywood upgrades for that rocket. I'll try and come up with something to fix them.

In the meantime, I have selected 6 from my ever growing fleet to bring on Sunday, and I hope they all get their chance in the air. I have a new Olympus which I'll try again after the last one hit the pond -- plus a Jolly Logic Altimeter to go in the payload bay.

(And yes, Estes is sending me "E" motors from my Customer Service ticket from the Dec. CATO).

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.