Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

FatBoy and More....

More stuff I'm working on. Completed a 'vintage' FATBOY kit, but as usual, made a few modifications. It's got a 24mm motor mount, and the nose was therefore modified as well with a little nose weight to counteract the heavier 'D' that's going to be stuffed in there, and the whole thing was built stronger and heavier and draggier so that it doesn't go so far that I lose it. Fins were papered with cardstock, and hopefully it will survive a few flights. To be launched next week if the weather is favorable.

Next photo is 3 other rockets that might not make it to the launch as they are not painted yet -- not in the photo is my repaired and modified again "Franken-Orbiter" which will fly next week. Considering I initially didn't like the Star Orbiter from Estes, I kind the kit to be a cheap and very flexible design that can let your imagination run wild with possibilities -- I never seem to run out of ideas to modify it to be something else entirely.  ANYHOW, from tallest to shortest in the attached photo is a yet-un-named Scratch-built that has a payload bay. Due to the very thin tube I started with, I opted to lightly fiberglass it. We will see how it holds up.  Next is an Estes Doorknob that is almost ready to fly if I can finish the paint and locate the decals. And lastly is a 2.6" T-LOC that hasn't even had a shot of primer yet, but if tomorrow isn't terrible, I may get outside and give it a coat of something just to see if I can get it to fly next week. Maybe I'll fly it as-is. All 3 in the photo have 29mm motor mounts and can probably take everything from an E to a G.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_5674.jpg
  • IMG_5676.jpg
Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

You'd better get them done. I have 2 more in my basement with your name on them! 😃

I have a build pile of about 20 so, .... so.... another two isn't making that much of a difference. Between what's built and what's still to be built, I have about 100 rockets now. Is that too much?

Dear Abby... I have a disorder, apparently some form of OCD that makes me keep building rockets. Help!

Signed, "Not unhappy that I have too many rockets".

AdminEric Becher

Got the T-LOC painted (sorta).... Was rushing in-between bouts of rain, so, many imperfections in the paint job, but I'm not a perfectionist when it comes that, as long as they go up and come back down in one piece, I'm happy. So, we can make this one fly at the next launch. Should be interesting.....

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_5688.JPG
AdminEric Becher
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.