Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Discovery Channel - LDRS Competition - Odd Rockets - Neil Brown CENJARS Member - 1st Place...

Hi CENJARS - I edited this TV Show down from a hour to just 9 minutes.  Since I've spoken to many of you about this rocket (Megalodon Shark Jaw Rocket) I thought you might find it interesting to see the actual event (edited to a much shorter time).  Here is the link: https://vimeo.com/dinosaursrock/megjawrocketldrs?share=copy

Hope you enjoy.

See you at the next CENJARS Rocket Launch

Neil

Admin, Zielijo1 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1Eric BecherKen Golomb

Pretty cool Neil!

Now... With LDRS returning to Potter Field in 2024, what are you cooking up? Maybe the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs? 😄

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

All set for LDRS in Potter next year.  Weather permitting we'll be launch my 20 Ft Nike Smoke on all big Sparkies (see attached video) and the 20 Ft (600+ LB) Patriot on a Central O5500 and 4 N2000's.  If you are there I'm gonna ask you to help us bring it to the pad.

See Nike Smoke video here: https://vimeo.com/dinosaursrock/nikesmoke?share=copy

See you at the Dec launch.

Neil

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher
Quote from NeilBrown on November 9, 2023, 5:39 am

If you are there I'm gonna ask you to help us bring it to the pad.

You'll see a number of familiar CENJARS faces at URRG for LDRS. 😉

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Yes! I'll be there, and would love to help out! As Brian said, there should be at least half a dozen of us CENJARS folks. We are hoping for an introduction to Kari (hint, hint).😊

A very impressive flight but even more impressive is that dinosaur fossil and geode collection (or should I say museum) Wow!!
Now I'm more excited for LDRS in 2024!!

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Thats great that you will be at LDRS.  I am in the Aerotech tent on the front line with Dan Michael helping out and getting our monster rockets ready.  We'll get into details as we get closer to the event.  Kari won't be there but she is cute!!

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher
Quote from Eric Becher on November 9, 2023, 8:30 am

Yes! I'll be there, and would love to help out! As Brian said, there should be at least half a dozen of us CENJARS folks. We are hoping for an introduction to Kari (hint, hint).😊

As the current incarnation of Discovery just runs crap "reality TV", I do not believe they will be filming these things any longer nor does Kari Byron hang out at LDRS any longer. Sorry. Although ironically, I used to work with Howard Lee back in the days of PBS "Carmen Sandiego", who's president of the Discovery Network.... but that was a LONG time ago.

Will be at LDRS!

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.