Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Diptanshu Halder receives NAR Jr. L1 certification

Please join me in congratulating our CENJARS member, Diptanshu Halder, on his successful NAR Jr. Level 1 High Power Rocketry certification.

Diptanshu's Jr. L1 was a first for me. I became his flier of record for the certification because he's younger than 18 years of age. He was hoping to take the Jr. L1 exam at our December launch, but both the original and rescheduled launches were canceled due to inclement weather. However, he was in luck as Martha, Kevin and I needed to travel to north Jersey on the 9th of December, so I stopped at the Halder home in Edison on our way home to proctor his exam. Diptanshu correctly answered all of the exam questions while his parents stuff Martha, Kevin and myself with delicious Indian treats! Good samosas!

On Saturday, December 16th, I met Diptanshu and his family at the MDRA Launch at Higgs Farm. I'd originally asked another friend (L3) to ย witness and certify his flight because, as flier of record per NAR's Jr. L1 program, I could not do both; however, I found Dave Weber (L3), busy proctoring several TRA L2 exams on the field, so I asked if he'd stepped up and he did.

Diptanshu's flight was the first certification flight of the day. I helped him get his rocket on the pad and wired up to the launch system. I'd nearly forgotten to put his flight card on the board when we completed duties at the pad. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

His time came and the countdown began! Soon his WIldman Journey 75 rocketed into the beautiful blue sky. ย The parachute deployed successfully and the rocket was recovered. Diptanshu received his NAR Jr. L1 and, because he did it at MDRA, he also received the MDRA L1 pin.

Congrats!

For those not there, watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=224Lh0Na7Jw

Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

Congrats Diptanshu! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿš€

And thanks to Brian for going out of his way to help "the future of space flight" get his L1! ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€

koushh has reacted to this post.
koushh

Thank You Brian!

Zielijo1Eric Becher

Thank you so much Mr Brian for your kind words. Your out-of-the-box help is appreciatable. Diptanshu and his family will always remember your help and encouragement to achieve this milestone.

Zielijo1Eric Becher
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.