Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

December 2023 Scheduled Launch

Attention CENJARS fliers,

It's time once again for our monthly scheduled launch. This launch would be Sunday, December 3rd; however, present weather forecasts are foretelling rain and winds. The rains, while not heavy, would not make for a favorable launch at the Athletic Complex.

During this past year, I have not once had to cancel a scheduled launch. Even when some of the weather models said the weather would not be favorable, I stood firmly on the report from my trusted weather service and we were not disappointed. Sadly, for this coming launch, this trusted weather service says that there will be precipitation throughout the afternoon. Thus, based upon the forecast as of the time of this posting, the CENJARS December 3rd launch is canceled. Sorry, I know you were all looking forward to it as was I.

I will make a request for the Athletic Complex for the following Sunday, December 10th. Hopefully, the weather then will be in our favor.

Please, you do not need send me myriad emails to inquire about the launch when the weather forecast for the scheduled date does not look favorable. I tell all members, fliers, and interested spectators to always reference the website before trekking out to a launch. The main page will have an up-to-date GO/NO-GO for any launch.

I had been requested to administer two Junior Level 1 Certification exams at the December 3rd launch. These exams will be given at the next launch which, hopefully, can be a rescheduled launch on December 10th.

The holiday season is about to be upon us — Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, Saturnalia, Solstice and New Year. Whatever you may celebrate or not celebrate, I hope that we can all launch together next weekend so that we can all share holiday goodwill with all of our members.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

My wife and I were similarly remarking earlier in the week that CENJARS had not had to cancel or postpone in literally at least a year, which is remarkably good fortune. Though that one super super windy day was definitely questionable!

Hopefully weather and permits will work out for Dec 10. Looking forward to seeing everyone then.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

I doubt we will have any issue getting the OK for the complex. It is, however, the school that needs to OK it and they are often times rather lackadaisical. Look for announcement toward week's end.

Always sad to delay a launch, but that gives us more time to finish building something for the Holiday. And it is the right call with the information at hand.

Quote from tjkopena on December 1, 2023, 4:14 pm

My wife and I were similarly remarking earlier in the week that CENJARS had not had to cancel or postpone in literally at least a year, which is remarkably good fortune. Though that one super super windy day was definitely questionable!

Hopefully weather and permits will work out for Dec 10. Looking forward to seeing everyone then.

I check back and the last scrubbed launch was October 2022. A pretty good run of weather until now!

Eric Becher

As I was saying in another thread here; this works out for me, as I am working this weekend.  Hopefully, I am not working on the 10th, but we will see as the situation I am in changes hourly. Our Hospital was hit by Ransomware, so we've been cyberattacked or something, but either way, this is keeping me busy. But on the bright side, I'm making overtime, so more rocket-money.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

Aaaaaaaaand.... now it turns out I have another "social event" already scheduled for the 10th.... @$@6!!!! This is where I start cussing like a sailor. Dunno if I'm going to make it guys. Between work and "the holidays", my time is booked. I might have to see ya'll on January 7th 2024.... What a bummer.

Eric Becher

The problem is that work stuff. You gotta knock that off! 😂

Quote from Eric Becher on December 2, 2023, 12:26 pm

The problem is that work stuff. You gotta knock that off! 😂

Tell me about it -- I was supposed to be retired.

Now I'm working until I die, apparently -- and leaving a whole bunch of money to my worthless relatives.

And my friends will scavenge my vintage computers and ham radio gear. What happens to the rockets is anyone's guess.

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.