Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

December 2022 Scheduled Launch

Fellow CENJARS rocketeers,

I have some GREAT NEWS!

First, it's time once again for our scheduled launch. The December launch will take place on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022. This is our last CENJARS launch of 2022; come out and make the most of it.

It's the beginning of the winter holiday season, so bring your holiday theme rockets β€” no ground to Santa's Sleigh seeking missiles! πŸ˜‰

Second, I want to announce that we'll have a special guest on-site for this launch β€” a new Rocket vendor. For more details, I'd suggest you follow the two links below. I was contacted by this vendor just after our November launch, so he was a day too late to attend November's launch. However, better late than never. Bring your money and please buy some of his wares. Let's welcome him and make his trek worthwhile so that he feels compelled to make our launches in the future.

Hint: Rocket kits and rocket motors make great stocking stuffers! πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸ•ŽπŸͺπŸΈπŸΎπŸΊΒ Well, at least for my stocking. πŸ€ͺ

https://www.rocketshipgames.com/blogs/tjkopena/2022/11/come-fly-with-us/

https://rocketshipgames.com/store/#!/Model-Rockets/

I'm presently waiting to hear back as to whether or not he can accept credit and debit cards. Check out his catalog and stuff your wallet with the necessary cash! πŸ’΅πŸ’°πŸ’Έ

The weather prognosticators have forecast temps into the low 40ΒΊF on Sunday. Dress warm! Now's a good time to breakout or buy some thermal underwear. Those extra layers will make you much more comfortable out on the field for several hours. The winds have also been forecast to be from the southwest like November's launch. We may need to setup on the upper filed again. Bring your wheeled totes!

β€” Brian

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher
  1. Looking forward to the launch, as always. I have a new thermos for my hot chocolate to try out.
  2. Have my Christmas tree rocket ready to go. Working on the paint for Jo Ann's elf-like thing (don't know what to call this one yet)
  3. Looking forward to meeting another source of burning money! πŸ˜‚ Haven't tried the Micro stuff yet.

I'll also bring some membership forms if anyone wants to renew for 2023. Cash or check accepted. See me at the field to submit, or mail to Treasurer Tom. You can also bring your own form from our website. Membership info in the Club Section Hub. (how many links can I get into one sentence?)

I was talking to CENJARS member Sal Soldano a week or so ago. Sal is holding an open house at about the same time as our launch to allow visitors to view his model train layout. The event is in support of "Bridging the Gap" which helps Veterans find employment. Location is a little north of our launch field (just north of Rt-138). I have not seen the layout in person, but from the website it looks impressive. If you are interested in model trains, you may wish to stop by before or after our launch for a few minutes. Address & info is on his website. Event runs from 1-4pm, which is unfortunate timing, but I wish him success.

Make sure you leave plenty of time for launching rockets too!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.