Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

CTI Hardware

I wanted a couple of Cesaroni hardware pieces and stumbled upon this outfit. Good prices. Reasonably fast delivery. They are in Canada, but ordering through this US website and it's all in USD. Only drawback is they don't carry the reloads.😓

US Website: https://www.sunward1.com/

Their Canadian general hobbies website's rocketry page (just for giggles): https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/rocketry/

I've seen "Sunward" parts in Hobby Stores, even bought a few bits and pieces -- mostly plywood centering rings. My original "Drag Queen" (which was destroyed by a CATO if you recall), was mostly built from Sunward parts. The upper segment from Drag Queen of course, lives on as part of "Queen Bertha" (which is showing up at the November launch)...

Too little too late; however, I attended the Tripoli Las Vegas launch on Saturday. Balsa Machining, StickerShock23 and several others were there as vendors and there was plenty of CTI hardware — motors too but I could purchase and bring those home as the airlines frown on that. 🙁 Had I know you had desires for CTI casings, etc., I could have purchased them cheaply for you at the launch.

FWIW, it was so nice to finally meet Mark Hayes (StickerShock) and speak with him face to face. He's a great guy and, happily after the passing of his wife Marion from cancer, he's still in the hobby. Probably spoke with him for half an hour or more. Marion's friend, damn I forget her name, was there too and very pleasant to speak with as well.

I wish we had better on field access to CTI stuff. (Nothing against Rocketship Games. Joe is great to work with and treats us well.) I really just needed a delay tool for the 54mm Joe and I have. While I was at it (and to get free shipping) I got a longer 38mm 5-grain casing to allow more variety of motors for these larger rockets I have already, and in the planning stages. Next I need the motors, which are more troublesome to get a hold of without high Hazmat shipping costs. Even the vendors usually at MDRA and METRA seem to have low or no stock of them. I'll have to load up at Red Glare.

Good to hear Mark is well. Never met him, but I never heard a bad thing about the guy. My Kraken graphics came from him and he was easy to work with. I'll be going to him for more work in the months ahead.

I *DO* have drilling tools for CTI 24mm, 29mm, 38mm and 54mm if ever needed. I also have numerous Aerotech drill tools as well.

I don't think I've EVER drilled a 54mm because the rockets I used those in were electronic redundant dual deployment. I usually just poured the BP out and plugged it with a ¼-20 pinhead screw.

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.