Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Christmas is coming!

So Christmas is coming. Is there anyone else out there who, like myself, took advantage of last years' Estes Christmas sales? And did you get their much ballyhooed "free rocket"? AND... did you also get nothing but the same "rocket." Not just any rocket, but the worst (in my stupid opinion) "rocket" they have made in recent years? Namely the Mars Leaper! That thing is so horrid, they have to give them away!! So now what does one do with it (or THEM, as I have a couple unwanted "dude-in-a-chair" thingys)?

Here is my Christmas project. I know I am not the only one to "fix" this mistake of a product. Who else has done something good with it? (burning in a bonfire does not count) Or do you have anything else that you've made just for Christmas?

I still have another (God help me), and another holiday idea for it, but that's a few months away yet.

(Thank goodness I didn't get sent one of those Blue Origin RTF rockets (another Estes white elephant), cause there is only really one good thing to do with that, but it would probably get me banned from our local family oriented Club.)

And if anyone recalls my and Jo Ann's Christmas rockets from last year, I have made some changes to them, which I hope improves their flights. Come out to the field and find out!

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20231118_204331_kindlephoto-364473313.jpg
  • IMG_20231118_204245_kindlephoto-364451007.jpg
Admin, Ken Golomb and Brian C. have reacted to this post.
AdminKen GolombBrian C.

That's an interesting re-dress of the "leaper", if only Estes had thought of that, they could get rid of the rest of their inventory. As someone who once had a warehouse of CDROMs I couldn't get rid of, I can tell you it's cheaper to order someone to dispose of your unsold inventory than to continue paying for storage, and then write off the unsold stock as a loss. Unless Estes owns the warehouse they are in, and has the excess space to continue to keep them, they are better off setting the stuff on fire at this point.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

It looks like Estes still has more Mars Leapers to get rid of!

Uploaded files:
  • Mystery.png
Eric Becher and Brian C. have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherBrian C.

I had a bunch of stuff to order, but I'm afraid to! 😕

😂

When they say "mystery rocket", the mystery is that there's really no mystery at all. It's a leaper.

Oh boy....Estes gave Santa a Mystery Rocket too!!! 😳
Looks like Mrs Claus is getting a Big Bertha for Christmas.

Uploaded files:
  • Santa.png
Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

😂😂 Yeah, I thought that was a little "larger than scale". Estes marketing morons strike again!

And I also think this year's deals generally stink. Discounts on a limited number of kits that few people want. The ugliest cheapest hat they could produce. And dropping the free shipping limit a few bucks for a day. (heaven forbid they have free shipping!) No ornaments. Rocketry wouldn't be rocketry without Estes, but they've been very disappointing this year on a number of fronts.

Estes knows there are few other options.  One of the vendors I buy from is no longer allowed to show their discount prices for Estes products on their website.  You now have to register and enter a discount code on checkout to see the 30% discount.  This vendor told me that Estes thinks they are selling Estes products for too cheap and to expect Estes pricing across the country to go up after Jan 1.   No it is not Rocket Ship Games but the changes Estes is making will probably affect him too.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.