Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

August 2023 Scheduled Launch

Attention CENJARS Rocketeers,

It's that time again, time for our scheduled monthly launch!

The August launch has, somewhat traditionally, been the club's picnic launch. Food and beverages to accompany your flights! The 6th of August is also my birthday, so, for this year's picnic gourmands, I will be bringing BBQed pork ribs, cornbread and homemade slaw to treat you. For those of you with pork-o-phobia, I will bring some bovine dogs too. There has been a signup sheet at picnic-potluck for a month now. We are asking that you, our CENJARS members, considering bringing food to share. We could use some potato or macaroni or green salads, snack foods, and fruits and desserts. Most anything you serve and or eat at a summer picnic or get-together you wish to bring will be welcome. You can see what's on the list using the aforementioned URL. You do NOT need an account on the website to add a potluck item to the list. In the past, my wife, Martha, and I would hand churn ice cream for the picnic launch. However, my usual source of Dry Ice is no more, so until I find another source, no ice cream this year.

Thankfully, the sweltering temperatures of late July have abated. The weather for Sunday is looking ideal with winds low and off the ocean.

Please, no presents for me. Seriously, I'm content with just having this rocket launch on my birthday!  However, if you want to get me a present, I could use a Cesaroni 75mm 6XL motor casing. 🤪 😜

Zielijo1, Eric Becher and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric BecherBrian C.tjkopena

Well, that was a fun day! I got really sunburnt as well, but I'll survive. I'm willing to bet we had a record number of launches, I don't remember ever seeing the pads this crowded this many times, and I think we were still launching at 6pm!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Brian C. on August 7, 2023, 3:47 pm

Well, that was a fun day! I got really sunburnt as well, but I'll survive. I'm willing to bet we had a record number of launches, I don't remember ever seeing the pads this crowded this many times, and I think we were still launching at 6pm!

You need to see the sun more often! 😉

Rumor has it that the century mark was hit!

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.