Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

April 2024

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from Eric Becher on April 12, 2024, 2:14 pm

So with the heavy rain and wind that passed through last night, I went rocket hunting at the field a little while ago. I found and recovered the pictured rocket parts. The rusty rocket looks like it may fly again. The red one, ahhh... no. It's a soggy mess. The yellow one is also soggy, but with some glue and a nose cone, it might fly again. Depends on how it dries out.

Der Rust Max suffered totally repairable damage, and is already ready to fly again. A little cut into one of the balsa fins was just a boo-boo and solved with a band-aid (literally) that I coated with a thinned bit of epoxy. New shock cord is already in place and everything else was cosmetic.

U.S.S. Blind as a Bat did get beat-up quite a bit, but I don't think that any of the damage is structural, so, with a nosecone that can be sourced from another green eggs, I suspect I'll get it to fly at least one more time before it falls apart. Don't know who owns the yellow one, hope it finds its daddy!

The ARC results are in.ย  The cutoff score was 32.12.ย  Four teams from New Jersey made it to the finals.ย  One of them flew at our field.ย  Unfortunately, I don't remember their flights.

Eric Becher and Ken Golomb have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherKen Golomb

That's awesome!!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰

I hope they are still flying between now and the finals? Get more practice in and narrow the graph a bit.

Good luck to all the teams.

Quote from Ckirlew on April 17, 2024, 7:34 pm

The ARC results are in.ย  The cutoff score was 32.12.ย  Four teams from New Jersey made it to the finals.ย  One of them flew at our field.ย  Unfortunately, I don't remember their flights.

What does the first column represent?

Where were these results posted?

The number seems to be just a number assigned to the team when they registered.

The list of qualifying teams is here: https://rocketcontest.org/result/2024-finalists/

Doesn't show the scores or rankings, but it almost doesn't matter much. At the finals they have new goals to hit and can have very different results.

Quote from Eric Becher on April 17, 2024, 9:48 pm

The number seems to be just a number assigned to the team when they registered.

The list of qualifying teams is here: https://rocketcontest.org/result/2024-finalists/

Doesn't show the scores or rankings, but it almost doesn't matter much. At the finals they have new goals to hit and can have very different results.

Thanks for that explanation. I figured the 24 was for 2024 but I couldn't put any significance to the other part of the number and Charlie's 32.12 figure.

I see Spring Grove (PA) in the list. That school has been flying with MDRA for years and they are mentored by a HP rocketeer teacher.

That is their entry number. You can have multiple teams from the same organization so unique numbers are needed.

They intentionally leave out rankings and scores. This a challenge not a competition. ย Even though you are competing for prizes.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

I see Spring Grove (PA) in the list. That school has been flying with MDRA for years and they are mentored by a HP rocketeer teacher.

The Spring Grove rocketry operation is really something to see. They roll up with a ton of people, multiple trailers outfitted with complete workshops, etc etc, and (separate from the ARC efforts) bring rockets like this---17ft long, 12in diameter, ~76lb.

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from tjkopena on April 18, 2024, 11:33 am

The Spring Grove rocketry operation is really something to see. They roll up with a ton of people, multiple trailers outfitted with complete workshops, etc etc, and (separate from the ARC efforts) bring rockets like this---17ft long, 12in diameter, ~76lb.

They sell meat sticks (like Slim Jims) to help finance this. The habanero meat sticks are great!

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.