Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

About today's (2 July, 2023) launch

THE LAUNCH IS GO!

Weather reports show that precipitation will be this morning and later afternoon. If we need to pickup and get off the field quickly, please lend a hand to get the equipment off of the field.

The winds today will be from the south.  Ideally, that means that we should launch from the back of the upper soccer field.  However, if we setup closer to the parking lot, plan your launches accordingly to keep your recovery on the field or, at least, out of the "water hazards" on the property to our north.

Today will be warm and humid. Keep hydrated!

Hurrah! I am OK with the opposite end of the field as I finally bought a folding cart so I can grab all my stuff in one trip rather than 5. That said, we can try to point launches into the breeze. Should be fun.

Wow! Despite the reports calling for rains all afternoon, the seldom be trusted whether prognosticators certain got it wrong yesterday. I had some trepidation after calling the launch a "GO!" but I'm so happy I didn't call it off! On the way home, as Eric and I stood in the parking lot shooting the breeze listening to thunder in the distance, I drove through a brief shower.  Oddly, no rain at home which is only about 10 miles from the field.

Thanks to all who came out to fly! I'm waiting to see Eric's report to learn how many we got into the air or, at least, tried to get into the air.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Yep, we lucked out with the weather timing. I hit a little rain on the way home, and looked like I got some during the afternoon at home (10 min north of the field). I had a few things on my plate when I got home (including getting something for my plate) and didn't get to the write up or pictures. Later this morning I'll get things going. I did compile the numbers. We had 54 launches, which wasn't bad for the shortened day we had. More than a third of them were C motors.

More to come, so stay tuned!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.