Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

5 Estes Green Eggs Kits Left!

I still have FIVE  Estes "Green Eggs" kits left in my bulk pack. Just $10 each, that's about 50% of retail. Available at the next CENJARS meet! Get 'em now and build 'em for April when we *will* be launching eggs!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

I began assembly of the one you gave me at Sunday's launch.  I need to order some small nylon "Click-Lock" rivets to hold the payload bay together.  Tomorrow it should be warm enough to give the fins and body tube a filler-primer coating.  I was really surprised to see that this kit had TTW fins.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/5uJmcXtUiHA?rel=0?version=3&autoplay=1&controls=0&showinfo=0&loop=1​

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

Love the portrait of Ham.

Admin
Quote from Eric Becher on November 19, 2022, 11:01 pm

Love the portrait of Ham.

I scoured the internet for a picture of Ham but most of them were too small, B&W, and low-resolution.  Then, I happened upon that graphic (as an SVG so I could scale it to the size I wanted without loss too).  The eyes look a bit sinister but it worked.  I edited some of the graphic's background out to allow it to fit the rocket at a larger scale.  I printed it on some peel-and-stick paper Martha had in her paper cache using the stInk-jet (I still need to clean black toner out of my laser printer from a cracked toner cartridge).  The airbrush clear coat made it look pretty good in the end.

Wow, you did a really nice job with that. I see you have added rail buttons versus having a launch lug. I always rush my paint jobs, so I never seem to ever get a smooth finish, but I'll keep working at it and eventually I'll either get it right, or stop painting my rockets entirely.

Admin
Quote from Brian C. on November 21, 2022, 3:19 pm

Wow, you did a really nice job with that. I see you have added rail buttons versus having a launch lug. I always rush my paint jobs, so I never seem to ever get a smooth finish, but I'll keep working at it and eventually I'll either get it right, or stop painting my rockets entirely.

Airbrush helps.  I painted that entire rocket indoors on the kitchen table with my negative pressure paintbox and airbrush.  I had to change the filter on the negative pressure fan.  It was pretty well green when I completed the Green Eggs, so I figured it was time for a new filter.  It's probably clogged more by the clear coat but you can't see that on the filter.

Estes has them on sale today for $14.39 each (plus shipping and tax).

Can't beat the prices from "Bargain Brian"!!

Admin

I probably wouldn't have purchased the Green Eggs, but Brian C. gave me the one I finished and flew at the December launch.  Once I did complete it, I thought it was a pretty nice 3FNC rocket and it flew REALLY well even without an egg payload.  Also, if anyone wants an egg lofter, the Green Eggs' payload area is 100% plastic; therefore, if your egg returns to earth frying pan ready, it's an easy clean up.

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

It's a fairly basic rocket so anyone can build one, although yours came out a bit nicer than your average egg lofter (or any other rocket for that matter). And it should do well with an egg in it too. So if you get one now, you have plenty of time before Easter to get it ready.

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.