Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

2 Motor Cluster Launch System

Hello,

I am building a rocket with a 2-motor cluster for the upcoming launch.

Was wondering if we have a 9-volt or 12-volt launch system through which the 2-motor cluster could be ignited.

Thanks & Regards

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

I've launched 2 and 3 motor clusters, so you should have no problem. I do recommend the right side controller though. More reliable for clusters for some reason.

I look forward to seeing it... If we can ever get a good weather day for a launch!

koushh has reacted to this post.
koushh
Quote from Raunak on January 20, 2024, 11:15 pm

Hello,

Was wondering if we have a 9-volt or 12-volt launch system through which the 2-motor cluster could be ignited.

Thanks & Regards

Here is a video of Jeff Myers "ClusterDuck" launched at CENJARS launch in 2018 with six C6s and one C11 motor. This cluster of seven motors was fired from my wireless controller. ALL SEVEN MOTORS IGNITED!

ClusterDuck (6×C6 & 1×C11)

Raunak has reacted to this post.
Raunak
Quote from Raunak on January 20, 2024, 11:15 pm

Hello,

Thanks & Regards

Please outfit your rocket with rail buttons — mini (20mm) or 1010. If only one motor should ignite, a rail is your best bet to give the rocket some initial vertical guidance instead of having it squirreling around and possibly injure somebody. If you need a good source for rail buttons, get them from Randy Milliken at rail-buttons.com.

Raunak has reacted to this post.
Raunak

Thanks for the advice. I will use 1010 3-piece rail buttons in my rocket.

Looking forward to the next launch!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.