Forum

Forum Navigation
Forum content is readable by default! Create an account and log in to add posts or topics.

Wall Kids Day America Demonstration

Calling all CENJARS members! We could use a little help this Saturday, and it will be a blast!

We have a demonstration launch coming up this weekend on Saturday (rain date is Sunday). The event is Wall Township's Kid's Day America 2024. We have participated in this for the last few years. It is a chance to promote the rocketry hobby, including CENJARS, inform the public, and a little way of giving back to the local community that we fly in. Details are in the Calendar, and the event flyer is below.

What we do: We fly. A lot! We run volleys of small rockets and probes to demonstrate rocketry to the kids and their parents. We also display a few of our larger rockets and projects. There will be a bunch of questions about CENJARS and rocketry in general. The field we fly on is the front lawn of the Wall town library and complex (between the library and the main road), and it isn't big, so we have to keep things low and small. This is almost right around the corner from the field we fly on.

Some of the usual participants are traveling or otherwise busy, so we really could use some new faces to come out and help. Charlie and I will be there, and that's just about the bare minimum for us to function. We could use at least 2 or 3 other folks to help out. You can bring a small rocket to fly, and/or some of your other interesting rockets to display. Or you can just come out to lend a hand. It's easy and fun. You'll get to prep and fly a lot of rockets, talk to some kids or their parents, and brag a little about the rockets we fly. You don't have to be an expert. We also need button pushers, and folks just to keep an eye on the kids, our displays, and to get set up for the next launches.

Here's some pictures from 2022 in the Gallery.

The event runs from 10-2pm, but we'll be setting up about 9am. Your help would be really appreciated, and I think you'll have fun too.

If you can make it, or have questions, please let us know here.

Thanks,

Eric

Uploaded files:
  • WCA-Kids-Day-24-updated.jpg
Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

So we had a great day flying demonstrations at Wall's Kid's Day. We must have launched close to 100 times, so we were busy! Met a lot of great folks, kids and parents alike. Hopefully we'll see some at future launches. People seemed to enjoy seeing the display and the launches. We fielded lots of good questions about the hobby.

Thanks to Charlie, Ken and Eric for running this show.

If we get a folder set up in the gallery (hint, hint) I'll post some shots there, but in the meantime, here's a few below.

Uploaded files:
  • Wall-Kids-Day-2024-003.jpg
  • Wall-Kids-Day-2024-004.jpg
  • Wall-Kids-Day-2024-007.jpg
lsellmer has reacted to this post.
lsellmer

Many thanks to Ken and Eric.  Super team work.

Great crowds and possibly a reporter for a local newspaper.  A Girl Scout leader was interested in having us do something for them.  She did ask what we charged for our services.  And here I thought we paid other people to let us fly rockets.

A couple of casualties.  Mosquito (not the mega), couple of nose cones are missing in action.  And the Snitch came down through a tree and hit the ground sideways.  Gonna need a lot of model cement to put Humpty Dumpty back together.

A really good day.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_0283.JPG
Admin, Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1Eric Becher

Charlie’s going for the Estes prize!

I submitted my entry last night! 😂

Kudos to Charlie, Eric and Ken for handling this event while I was away in San Diego! It looks and sounds like one of the better Kids Day events! I hated to miss this event but there are often times too many things on one's calendar at once.

Tom forwarded a "Thank You" email from the Wall Township folks who ran this event. They also provided a link to pictures taken by their staff photographer. So I added a few more of those to the Gallery. The kids are cute.

The Wall folks also said next year's Kid's Day will be September 20th. Mark your calendars!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Eric Becher on September 24, 2024, 9:04 pm

Tom forwarded a "Thank You" email from the Wall Township folks who ran this event. They also provided a link to pictures taken by their staff photographer. So I added a few more of those to the Gallery. The kids are cute.

The Wall folks also said next year's Kid's Day will be September 20th. Mark your calendars!

I've already put it on the Calendar. 😉

Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.