Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Rocketship Games @ February Launch

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi everybody,

Quick notice that Rocketship Games will be back at CENJARS for the Feb 5 launch. We'll have our full catalog of motors on hand and a selection of kits as well as hobby tools and supplies. Everything will be 15% off at the launch, and a number of newcomer kits and motors are already substantially marked down in addition to that. If you want to place an order for pickup at the launch, which I recommend for larger kits if there's something specific you'd like as we might not bring it otherwise, please use our webstore and enter the discount coupon Z1JF684RCB4U at checkout, then be sure to select "Self-Pickup by Special Arrangement" for the delivery method.

Hopin' for blue skies; see you next week!

Uploaded files:
  • cenjars-launch1.jpg
Zielijo1 and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
Zielijo1Eric Becher

Looking forward to seeing you guys there again! Weather is looking a little iffy, but there is plenty of time for that guesswork to improve.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Rocketship games: ever carry Estes F15-4 motors?

Guess I'll have to pay off my credit card this week so I can buy more motors. I have 29/40-120 I am itching to try out, need those inside bits to fill it up with and any and all accessories (grease?) that make assembly straightforward. Should be fun!

Quote from Brian C. on January 30, 2023, 12:12 pm

Guess I'll have to pay off my credit card this week so I can buy more motors. I have 29/40-120 I am itching to try out, need those inside bits to fill it up with and any and all accessories (grease?) that make assembly straightforward. Should be fun!

White lithium or vasoline will work for your O-rings. You can get white lithium at most any auto supply or home supply.  You only need the smallest amount on the O-rings, so a small "toothpaste-type" tube goes a long way. I believe that vasoline (petroleum jelly) comes in a "toothpaste-type" tube too.

FWIW, I finally replaced my AT 29/40-120 casing. One of the vendors over the holidays had a deal where the casing and two reloads was the price of the casing.  I had a number of other AT reloads too for the AT 29/40-120.  I have AT 29/180 and AT 29/240 cases too but the reloads for those have higher impulse than would be usable at the current CENJARS launch locale.

Remind us again (I can't find it anywhere), what's our limit on motor size at the field?

I might try to test my King Kraken on a G, if I can get it built by the March launch. Started it, but a ways to go still. And I'll need the motor too.

Zielijo1
Quote from Zielijo1 on January 29, 2023, 12:26 pm

Not so far. My experience w/ Estes E & F motors primarily consists of watching them CATO, so I personally usually switch to composites above D and haven't been stocking the bigger black powder motors. That said, if there's interest I can certainly get them. And I do gather that Estes' machines for making them have been rebuilt, etc etc, and their E & F motors are supposedly more reliable these days.

I do have on hand AeroTech single-use F20-4 and F23-4 motors. The thrust curve is different, higher initial boost and shorter burn, but they'd probably work out fairly similar for many standard rockets.

Admin and Zielijo1 have reacted to this post.
AdminZielijo1
Quote from Zielijo1 on January 29, 2023, 12:26 pm

Not that I want to discourage any sales for Joseph but I do have three F15-4s in my motor cache.  One has a thrust ring glued on and the other two are pristine. If you're hellbent on flying an F15, you can have one of mine if you can't find a source. I also have a few F15-8s. I find that they're heavy for the thrust they produce, so I haven't flown many of them.  I believe the last time I flew one was in my Super Big Bertha at a BARC launch and it almost became an abbreviated Big Bertha.

Zielijo1

I have the aerotech F23… thanks

Quote from Eric Becher on January 30, 2023, 1:35 pm

Remind us again (I can't find it anywhere), what's our limit on motor size at the field?

I might try to test my King Kraken on a G, if I can get it built by the March launch. Started it, but a ways to go still. And I'll need the motor too.

I have a G78 n G74. G80 also but that might be too much

Uploaded files:
  • 094D2001-4B0A-4641-B1A4-58595175DF28.jpeg
Page 1 of 2Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.