Forum

Forum Navigation
Forum content is readable by default! Create an account and log in to add posts or topics.

MDRA Launch 27 July 2024

In case anyone is interested, a few of us went down to MDRA to their sod farm for their monthly launch. The primary purpose was to see Charlie launch his "Foxtrot 1" rocket, based on a comic strip. But while we were there, we took advantage of their nice field and higher altitude limits and we launched a few other projects. It was a perfect day for flying, and the sod farm was a real pleasure to fly and work on. It was my first time at that field (have flown with MDRA before) and I was impressed. It is not as large as their Higgs Farm site, but it was such a nice surface to walk around on.Some people even took off their shoes! (give you 3 guesses, but you're only gonne need one!)

Charlie's "Foxtrot 1" had a nice takeoff, but there were some issues mid-flight. It took a hard landing, but he vows to repair/rebuild it better and have another attempt at it.

Some pictures and videos are in the Gallery's Away Cell. Most are of our rockets, but one or two might be of others'. And there are some Foxtrot comics there so you see the inspiration behind the masterpiece.

Zielijo1 has reacted to this post.
Zielijo1

Lots of ๐ŸŒž....
Your welcome!!!ย  ๐Ÿ˜

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

You could have come and we would keep you hidden so the Rain Gods wouldn't have seen you. Put you in, say, an inflatable rocketman suit!

Uploaded files:
  • Rocketman.JPG
Quote from Eric Becher on July 28, 2024, 3:21 pm

In case anyone is interested, a few of us went down to MDRA to their sod farm for their monthly launch. The primary purpose was to see Charlie launch his "Foxtrot 1" rocket, based on a comic strip. But while we were there, we took advantage of their nice field and higher altitude limits and we launched a few other projects. It was a perfect day for flying, and the sod farm was a real pleasure to fly and work on. It was my first time at that field (have flown with MDRA before) and I was impressed. It is not as large as their Higgs Farm site, but it was such a nice surface to walk around on.Some people even took off their shoes! (give you 3 guesses, but you're only gonne need one!)

C'mon. Walking barefoot ย on that beautiful sod was like walking barefoot in deep pile shag carpet.

Finally finished the other launches from MDRA, several from Eric n one from Brian, plus a K 550 motor from Joey shepherd

video posted!

tjkopena has reacted to this post.
tjkopena
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.