Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

πŸ‘€ FREE πŸ‘€ Rocket schtuff!

Page 1 of 2Next

At our May launch, a former CENJARS member dropped off his rocketry stuff proclaiming that he didn't want to do rocketry anymore. Β He left a big mishmash of things in several boxes. Β This stuff is free!!! Β FREE is everybody's favorite four-letter word!

There several some Estes rocket kits in the collection. Β Brian C. got a Big Daddy and another young attendee received several of the smaller kits such as an Estes Flutter-By. Β There's still one more Flutter-By so, if you would like one, let me know. Β I'm not shipping any of this stuff; you will need to attend a launch to get it.

In these boxes where was a number of built rockets in various stages of flight worthiness. Β It appears that MOST, if not all, of them have flown before. Β There is an Estes Big Daddy that is in very nice shape and it was painted nicely with the "bag-tag" color scheme. Β I'm not going to itemize the lot of rockets. Β I'll bring the box next launch and you, the CENJARS members, can help yourselves to what you may.

There is a zip-lock back with quite a bit of Estes wadding. Β Most of us use dog barf but if you'd like the wadding, some or all of it, I will set it aside for you.

In addition, there is a Estes Fin Guide (Gray plastic one too so it's sturdier than the more recent yellow plastic fin guides). Complete with the base, all four alignment panels and the clips, and the three motor casings (13mm, 18mm and 24mm) used for centering the rocket. Β Even the display tag is there. Β I have cleaned all of the parts and placed them into a zip-lock bag. Β If you'd like this, let me know. Β I have one somewhere in my stash too. Β I don't use it. Β If there's a plural interest in the Estes Fin Guide, I will offer up mine too.

There was also a complete set of the Estes Tube Cutting Guides. Β I cleaned these up too and they are in a zip-lock bag.

Finally, there was an Estes launch pad with two-piece 1/8 inch rod and an Estes launch controller (yellow). Β I suspect that one of the aforementioned rockets and this launch pad and launch controller were once part of an Estes starter flight set.

When I feel a bit better, I'll photograph some of this stuff and post the pictures in this thread.

Eric Becher, Brian C. and alex have reacted to this post.
Eric BecherBrian C.alex

I don't know which next launch I'll be able to attend yet, but if no one else claims them, I would make use of the fin guide or tube cutting set!

Hope you feel better!

(Also unrelated, back when I had a working 3d printer I made a one -off fin jig based on a template from Thingiverse. There are a number showing on the search results, IIRC the one I used was parametric so in theory you can edit it to whatever size mount and fins your design has before printing.Β  Handy if you have a printer and want something exact for your model that won't wobble!)

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

If I can remember, I also have some stuff to give away. It's now just filling the room, and I need the room for other rocket stuff, so I'm giving away at least one launch pad, an Alpha III and a Green Eggs kit. I've also got Leapers that maybe kids can have, and I located a prize for Eric, and I'm saving that as a special surprize. Hopefully, I'll remember to bring to the next launch.

Admin and Eric Becher have reacted to this post.
AdminEric Becher

For the love of Hey-Seuss... don't give me a Leaper!!! I already have 2 I didn't ask for.

Quote from Eric Becher on May 8, 2023, 8:04 pm

For the love of Hey-Seuss... don't give me a Leaper!!! I already have 2 I didn't ask for.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/cd561d3f-3e93-4cbe-b678-56dff77cad6e

Eric Becher has reacted to this post.
Eric Becher

I am interested in the Big Daddy if it is still available.

Thanks,

Charlie

Leaper! Not Leper. I don't want either one my herniated friend!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin
Quote from Ckirlew on May 8, 2023, 8:36 pm

I am interested in the Big Daddy if it is still available.

It's yours!

I'll bring it next launch with a box of the other stuff I've sorted out. I've not really inspected them all but anyone taking these would likely need to provide parachutes. Several have old Estes parachutes that were stuffed inside. I'd not trust them to open. There was bad which had some parachutes and sunny other bits. After unloading the car yesterday or all the stuff I hauled to the field, I really didn't feel up to really itemizing everything. I tidied it all up a bit β€” everything was in multiple bags. Β A sort of, "Get all this junk out of the garage and into a box!" operation.

Eric Becher
Quote from Admin on May 9, 2023, 8:46 am
Several have old Estes parachutes that were stuffed inside. I'd not trust them to open.

Depending upon how long these have been sitting around, I wouldn't trust the elastic rubber band Estes includes as a shock cord either. When those get old, they cease to be stretchy and just snap. Depends upon how "used" the rocket was... But hey, second-hand free rockets are still useful and will fly again! Nothing ever gets wasted.

Eric Becher

Maybe we should just make it official and declare a Spring cleaning/yard sale day at the June launch?

• Everyone can bring what they want to get rid of for sale, trade, or gifting. (NOT abandonment at the field)
  • Donations of good unopened kits only to the Club for future use as prizes.

Admin and Ckirlew have reacted to this post.
AdminCkirlew
Page 1 of 2Next
Several CENJARS Forums are only available or visible to CENJARS members.